How can I do this in a Dashboard Tile?

@syepes Yes I did finish it but I'm going to be gone for two months with only my iPad mini and did not want to try and provide support etc. without my desktop, so I won't be releasing it until March. I also need to write up some documentation as the capabilities are fairly extensive and I don't want to answer a million questions. The good news is that the capabilities of the finished product exceeded my own expectations. There are two child apps right now so it looks like this in the app interface.

The first child app allows you to publish data for a single attribute across multiple devices. Here is a sample. The tile sizes are all limited to 1,024 bytes, so less flashy tile allows more rows of data.

The second allows you to publish tiles based on the activity attribute. This sample demonstrates some of the built in templates display almost identical data. This type of tile can be used to monitor most recently\least recently active which is helpful in finding devices with dead batteries or things such as most recently active doors\windows, repeaters etc.

All of these are generated using a point and click interface. The only CSS editing that is occurring here is this to hide the tile background and title.
#tile-0 {background-color: rgba(128,128,128,0.0) !important;}
#tile-0 .tile-title {display: none;}

Some things not apparent from these screenshots. The first is the ability to include animations that fire whenever the data changes. Secondly the ability to configure thresholds for displaying text in alternate size and colors, i.e. display <50% battery in red at 125% font size. Finally the ability to substitute device attribute values with icons such as "on" with :bulb: or "not present" with "Away" for example.

So, I'll be releasing these as donationware in March for a few $$. If there is reasonable interest I'll add two other child apps. The first would be a tile that can contain a mix of different devices and attributes. The second would support actions using the maker API. Using animations it should allow for the creation of some very appealing animated controls like switches, dimmers and light bulbs.

One last feature I will point out is the ability to save a configuration as a text string and share it with others via these forums. It's quite a lot of fun generating these various designs but it would be even more fun to share ideas with others and see what other people create.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.