How About Putting Hub Uptime On The Hub Details Page?

Hey, I think it's a good idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or just use @thebearmay 's Hub Information Driver

I could probably make a small driver for use as a dashboard widget if it would be useful. Idea would be to read the information from the hub once and then offload the calculation and display to the browser to minimize the impact on the hub.

2 Likes

I guess if I wanted to avoid adding a driver, I could create a hub variable based on a trigger of location hub system start event, and do a rule that would add elapsed time to it, maybe once an hour or so.

Or the Hubitat team could just add it to the Hub Details page. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think they might do that….right after they add a ‘purge logs’ button :rofl:

4 Likes

Hey, I think they're both good ideas, lol.

1 Like

Uptime and version should maybe be visible (small) in a corner of the homepage even.

2 Likes

Or maybe they could add a pop-up from the hub name in the top right to give some of the hub info like uptime, etc, without needing to display it each time, just when you want it, but in a convenient spot to get to from any screen.

That's the "Hub Details" I was referring to.

Aahhh... I never knew it took you there... :slight_smile:

Here's a widget for you:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/upTimeWidget.groovy

Import, create a new device with it, and hit Initialize

Edit: Pushed up a slight modification to initialize automatically on install. (v1.0.1)

3 Likes

This amazes me. I can’t code. Tried BASIC in high school and got brain fog.

@thebearmay posted 6 hours ago saying he could do it, then 2 hours ago he posted a link. That’s 4 hours which includes bathroom breaks and lunch. I looked at his code and got cross-eyed.

There are brilliant and humble people here, willing to share their knowledge freely.

7 Likes

He's one of our best show-offs. I keep shoving free candy and drinks to him, so he won't leave... :wink:

5 Likes

Genius. (Use the HTML attribute in your dashboards.)

2 Likes

Love it. Is it possible to make the text white? Seems to be backwards for day and night mode in my chrome browser.

Pull down v1.0.2 it will have an option for setting the text color.

1 Like

Magic, thank you! I entered white, when I switched to day mode it switched to black.

1 Like

Oh man, so much work. Can't you just update it for me?

The first world is such a difficult world to exist in. :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

@danabw Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz? My friends all drive Porsches , I must make amends. :wink: You made me laugh. I referred to playing with matter and thread as a first world problem on a Hubitat Facebook thread earlier today.

3 Likes

@thebearmay is amazing with this stuff. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he had it done in 20 minutes and just forgot to post the link!!

3 Likes