HousePanel - Missing attributes in tile editor

@kewashi

<should this be in a different thread?>

Ken, in the Tile Editor should the items in the "Select feature" list show all the attributes of a device? And also the "Existing fields" list in the Tile Customizer? I first noticed this with my Shark vacuum using a driver from Chris Stevens. I wanted to have a tile that showed its docking status and charging state, etc. But these attributes seem to come and go. They always seem to be present while the vacuum is running, but once it docks some of the attributes just disappear after the next refresh. At first I thought maybe it was something with the driver, but in HE Dashboards those attributes are always there.

I also notice this with my weather station device (acurite). I wanted to display the rainfall attribute but it is not present.

I see in the HP app logs where all these attributes are getting registered but they don't appear in HP anywhere.

Log after a hub auth:

Tile Editor:

Does a tile only pull in certain attributes based on the device type? if so, maybe there should be an "attribute" type tile that pulls in all attributes like HE dashboards.

Thoughts?

Screenshot from HE dashboard attribute tile:

If you use the device type of "Other" to identify these devices then all attributes will be pulled in. I noticed also that sometimes they just don't show up, but I don't really know why. Other in HP is like "attribute" in the main panels. If you use Temperature, you will only get a limited set.

Oh - and yes, there is a main HousePanel support thread, here: