HousePanel 2 Node Version

so the capability already appears to be in the HubConnect driver

capability "Sensor"
capability "Actuator"
capability "Garage Door Control"
capability "Contact Sensor"

And I couldn't find an actuator section in HousePanel nor did it discover the HubConnect driver under other...

I'm still using version V2.064

EDIT: Looks like the HubConnect driver has Garage Door Opener not Door Opener. The Generic Garage Door drivers have Door Opener built in and therefore, are picked up by HousePanel. I added that capability and sure enough, HousePanel picked it up... Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Current version 2.418 has Actuator type and many other goodies and bug fixes. Upgrading is always work and brings risk but this one is likely worth it.

1 Like

Hey Ken @kewashi
I'm finally trying to upgrade from the older webserver version to the node version but have tried it a few ways and not getting it going. I was to preserve all my custom pages, settings and icons... I know at one time you talked about a conversion tool... If you can remember back that far, what should I do to go from the old original version to the new node? I have everything backed up so I can start just about anywhere.

EDIT: I gave up on the upgrade as the two versions were very far apart... Now trying to start from scratch... Mostly good, but have some issues... See below.

Ok, decided to start from scratch... I've got everything going but having some issues with the following...

First, I'm getting this error repeatedly on the Hubitat log. I've re-installed the app a few times and have no idea how to stop it.

Next, when I edit tiles, I can't replace icons with my custom stuff... I used to be able to replace icons easily in the old version... This version will not let me change the icons... Is there a bug in the editor?

No bug I aware of. Is there an error message in the log? Check the browser console for errors and let me know what it says.

Good plan. The Node version is so much better. You will be happy with it once you work through install issues.

ok, so i have everything installed... what i've found is when the server stops, there are errors in communication with the hub... That is probably the root of the log errors...

how do i keep the server running? i'm using a raspberry pi. knowing very little about linux, i'm guessing i need to add a cron job? or does the server automatically start upon reboot?

finally, there definitely appears to be a bug with the tile editor. i can't replace the default icons... when i click on the icons, they actually disappear... i'm going to take a video and attach it here...

also, every time i log in, it goes to defaut... i want it to confront me with a username and password... i have one setup but it always defaults to default.

and the sonos music tiles are completely editable.. i tried to upload a gif but its not uploading...

I have a successful implementation running. Thanks for your work.

I have a virtual device that grabs the AQI for a specified location, but i cannot get HousePanel to see it. Any hints as to what i need to do to my driver? (Look under my user name for the driver code on the board. )

It returns airQualityIndex as is primary data point which is a standard output AFAIK.

1 Like

Glad you got it working. Try adding the device as an “other” device in HousePanel. If that doesn’t work make sure “sensor” is included in the list of capabilities in your driver.

I don’t have this as a supported capability but if you use the “other” type it should show up

@kewashi Any advice on IDE logging? I am trying to reduce the amount of logging but I am getting inconsistent results with the higher levels, specifically Warning, Error, and None.

When I chose 'None', I observe info logs.
Error --> warn (presumably error too but haven't observed any)
Warning --> warn
Info --> info, warn
Debug --> info, debug, warn
Trace --> info, debug, warn

Hmmm well honestly I never used anything other than info, debug, and trace so there is likely a bug in there. I haven’t updated this version in awhile but let me take a look.

Just revisiting my dashboard options an thought id take a look at housepanel again. Has there been any changes to the overall style \ theme? I believe a more minamilist / "modern" theme was in the works at one point ?

Thanks for making housepanel available to the community!

Yes, there is a "modern" theme that is available. I haven't tested it much but I know it works. It is very easy to create a modern look using the built in tile editor even if you use the default theme. I hope you give it a try. As a side note, I recently starting using the built-in HE dashboards and found them to be visually nice. HP has all the features to replicate the look and feel of these panels so it would be a fun experiment to do that.

I have a new installation running on RPI and HE. When trying to Authorize to my HE hub, I get as far as Authorize/Deny (listing my HE devices). When I click on Authorize, I am returned to the " HousePanel V2.418 Hub Authorization" which states that it is "Retrieving devices from Hub: Hubitat". At this point, HP crashes. The hpserver.log is:

SyntaxError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0
at JSON.parse ()
at Request.tokenCallback [as _callback] (/root/hpserver/hpserver.js:863:29)
at self.callback (/root/hpserver/node_modules/request/request.js:185:22)
at Request.emit (node:events:513:28)
at Request.onRequestError (/root/hpserver/node_modules/request/request.js:881:8)
at ClientRequest.emit (node:events:513:28)
at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (node:_http_client:494:9)
at TLSSocket.emit (node:events:513:28)
at emitErrorNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:157:8)
at emitErrorCloseNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:122:3)
[1]+ Exit 1 node hpserver.js &> hpserver.log

Any ideas on completing this installation?

HE changed the way they do authorizations after I wrote this app and I haven't updated it unfortunately. Once you're authorized the change doesn't matter so it has been low priority for me. Their new way is much easier than the old way so it will be an easy fix. Sorry about that but I haven't had any new users in quite some time. The app is still quite useful and powerful so I hope you like it. Give me a day or two and I'll write back when it is working.

Okay @rlhatch I posted an update that does some cleanup and also I used this version to confirm that the OAUTH flow is working. Just grab the latest version from the same repo and update and reload the server. Let me know if you run into any troubles.

As an aside, I actually completely rewrote HP a few months ago and never posted it because it is hosted on a web server like SharpTools. This is the version I use and I've updated it to include a number of goodies that I haven't back-ported to the local version. I am still trying to decide if I'll open up the web version to others or if I'll back-port the goodies. People here seem to love local so I'm leaning toward the latter.

Thanks for the assist and prompt response. I now have HP installed and is working fine.... It is great application.

1 Like

Hi folks - major new update to HousePanel posted today in the "hpsql" branch of my GitHub repo. The first post above was updated to explain what is all there and what it means. The install is still a very manual process so if anyone wants to try it, let me know here and I will help.

The hpsql branch was updated today to include many bug fixes and a major shift to use sqlite3 as the default database instead of requiring an install of mysql. This means you just need to download the repo and run it on a Linux machine or rPI. The sqlite3 db will be made for you automatically. You do need to have sqlite installed but most Linux disto's have it already. If not there are plenty of online resources to help you get it installed. If you want to use this version of HP let me know and I'll help. I don't anticipate a lot of takers which is fine, but I did want to post this in case someone wants to try it.

By the way, this version re-instates the "local is king" model and re-activates the ISY integration module. I'm working with the good people at Universal Devices to explore making this a GUI on their platform.