Honeywell Total Connect Comfort error question

Hello, I am new to Hubitat.

I have three Honeywell thermostats connected and working however I continue to get the following in the debug log and if I try to use my phone app it will occasionally tell me that my credentials are wrong. The credentials are right because using the same ones it will later allow me to login.

I am using drive code:
// Driver Version ***** with great thanks and acknowlegment to Cobra (CobraVmax) for his original version checking code ********
def setVersion(){
state.Version = "1.2.2"
state.InternalName = "HoneywellThermoTCC"
sendEvent(name: "DriverAuthor", value: "cSteele")
sendEvent(name: "DriverVersion", value: state.version)
sendEvent(name: "DriverStatus", value: state.Status)

Here is what I am getting from the debug.

dev:162020-07-27 11:44:34.503 infoSet Fan operating State to: Idle

dev:162020-07-27 11:44:34.499 infoSet operating State to: Idle

dev:162020-07-27 11:44:33.404 infoExecuting 'login'

dev:162020-07-27 11:44:33.330 infoin poll: null

dev:652020-07-27 11:44:16.008 warnSomething went wrong: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized

dev:652020-07-27 11:44:15.181 infoExecuting 'login'

dev:652020-07-27 11:44:15.113 infoin poll: null

It would have been best if you would have posted this in the main thread to keep everything in one place and hopefully get the developers attention.

Honeywell seems to limit how often or how many times you access their server. Polling too often, or simultaneously accessing with Hubitat and your phone seem to trigger this. I don't know if anyone has found the magic number of times you can hit the server before it temporarily locks you out.

In general, keep polling as long as possible, and don't make too many changes at one time.

1 Like

@neonturbo is correct about Honeywell limiting the logins.. I get hit by it too.

There is a v1.2.3 and the logs detail why:

* csteele: v1.2.3   communications with TCC changed and now Mode and Fan need to be numbers
 *                    Operating State reflects the ENUM values ("Unknown" isn't acceptable)

I left the old one in case Honeywell works differently in other parts of the world.

1 Like

Where is this "main thread" please? I am just starting out on Hubitat and want to connect my Honeywell TCC thermostats.

This is the place where most of the discussion is happening.

1 Like

Thanks. What is the best bet right now for a production-level reliable connection - @csteele's driver or Hubconnect?

I have never used Hubconnect, so I can't give an opinion of that.

The csteele driver mostly works*, but there are many times where Honeywell kicks me off for logging in too many times in a row, or polling too often, or just randomly on occasion.

Honeywell really doesn't like us using this backdoor in my opinion, and they will do almost anything to break it.

*Totally not his fault, that is a Honeywell issue...

1 Like

For me at least, because Honeywell limits bandwidth, there's lots of "unauthenticated" type errors in my logs.. the next one usually works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.