Honeywell TCC Total Connect Comfort Drivers

Lots of them have mechanical relays for heat and blower. At least the Honeywell ones typically do. You can definitely hear those clacking away every time the heating or cooling or fan turns on.

Learned something new.

You can do this now. It is a little complicated - and you have to use the new SmartThings app and not the Classic app.

I am fairly certain I tried both a while back, probably around June/July. It kept asking for that code no matter what I did.

Is there someplace that outlines that workaround?

Use the new app - not the Classic app. I just did it with a dummy account and added my neighbor's ecobee as a cloud integration. Worked perfectly .....

1 Like

This is exactly my issue as well. I have 2 Prestige IAQ’s and have the same setup + humidifier. I’d need more wires run to my walls if I wanted to handle everything with a regular thermostat. If hubconnect stops working in ST land I will be sad.

1 Like

I think the API calls you linked to are for a relatively new "Honeywell Home" API - there's an older API (Honeywell "Total Connect Comfort") that, I think, was used by drivers such as (GitHub - HubitatCommunity/HoneywellThermo-TCC). Any idea where that Total Connect Comfort API can be found? The new "Home" one doesn't (yet) support the Redlink line of thermostats.

As an further FYI - I have six thermostats and I was hoping to rework the HoneywellThermo-TCC driver so that, rather than having to set up 6 copies, which would each generate calls to the API and likely have the throttling problem you mention, I was going to try and set it up as one driver which creates child devices for each thermostat and makes a single call to the API to get all the device info. from honeywell in one call / transfer. Obviously, this only makes sense if the API supports getting all the data at once. That's what I want to figure out first.

1 Like

it works fine at my two houses with a rate of every hour.. i belive they were blocking the st ips not the account itself becuae i was blocked there but now it is working again..

You'll have to register for the old one.

https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/WebApi/Help/LogIn?ReturnUrl=%2FWebApi%2FHelp

MyTotalConnectComfort API rate limits at 15 minutes I think. Through SmartThings it's much faster. I haven't found it block any so far and that's multiple changes per minute.

I saw that. It looks for an Application ID but doesn't indicate how to get one. It seems they are going out of their way to include additional confusion into their web interface.

1 Like

Seems that way let me see if my corporate account will let me in.

Not looking promising...

Everything I came across it looks like they are silently killing it off.

1 Like

I’m running homeassistant and its integration with TCC (UK) and then MQTT to push to hubitat. It’s working reliably and homeassistant is useful for those oddball integrations that hubitat might not be able to cater for. I’ve used it for this but also some very cheap wifi energy monitoring plugs and a neato vacuum cleaner.

Yea, the problem with that method is still the rate limiting.

1 Like

Even the new api has rate limiting to us mortals 5 mins with up to 20 devices which is better but doesn't support some older devices and still not as fast as the preferred partner integrations. But I get it that they pay for those faster rates.

1 Like

Has anyone else noticed with this driver that when system enters Fan Only mode, the thermostat device in HE reports that its in a cooling or heating operational mode? Normally that wouldn't bother me but in trying to use it with Keenect Lite it doesn't control my vents properly in Fan only mode because the app is being told the system in an operating mode that its not.

I looked at the driver code for the getStatus call and enabled debugging which it dumps a parsed version of the json response. I noticed that EquipmentOutputStatus is pulled from the response but isn't factored into the actual operating status but instead the operating status is based on the fanIsRunning and a mode value that I don't even see set . I am going to try to make some mods on my side and if I get it working I will do a PR on the driver for others to use.

2 Likes

@womackj Have you tried installing the latest version (1.3.7). I came across a few bugs recently while trying to set it up and submitted some pull request which the author helped integrate (and he found a few more bugs in that process), so the latest version takes care of a number of issues. Also added is a new enhancement whereby the outdoor thermostat also appears as a child-device so it can be used as a Thermostat in Rule Machine. Outdoor humidity will also be added as a child device so it can also be used in Rule machine, but I am holding off until after the HE firmware 2.2.4 release (my own HE is on 2.2.2 since I had many problems with 2.2.3, and I think the upgraded HE firmware is necessary to get the Humidity child component device to work). Also added is that the code now checks the permitted heating / cooling ranges as reported by TCC and doesn't allow you to set outside the ranges (TCC itself enforced that, but now the driver also does so HE will "obey" the TCC ranges -- now, if you set outside the range the HE driver will now set at the maximum or minimum, as the case may be, and no longer violates the TCC ranges).

@csteele Latest 1.37 version gives this error constantly.

[warn] description logging is: false

Not sure why it needs to fill the logs with errors for NOT logging?

That message exists once in the code... within the Update() method... which means it should only occur with each click of the Save Preferences button on the Device Info page.

That doesn't jibe with "gives this error constantly".

I'm good with 'demoting the message" to "info" vs "warn" and even to make it optional via "Enable descriptionText logging" BUT the concern for me is the word "Constantly"... as that would be a much greater problem.