Honeywell T6 unresponsive- "re-sending supervised session"

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me sort out my Honeywell T6 thermostat. It seems like it's completely unresponsive the last two days, and when I checked the logs after trying to adjust the fan control through Hubitat, it has a bunch of messages saying "re-sending supervised session".

I'm on a C8 hub, and everything else seems to be functioning correctly. It doesn't look like any z-wave device has a high number of route changes, the most shows 8 and is a non-repeating first alert smoke/CO2 detector. I'll include some screenshots.

The only things I've tried are updating the hub firmware, since there was an update yesterday, and restarted the hub this morning to see if it would get the thermostat back functioning. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I see your T6 is paired with S2 security. There really should be no need for that. Try removing and adding back without security. I have 2 T6 thermostats and both are paired with zero issues without security.

1 Like

@spookypitboss86

Can you post your z-wave details page in its entirety? Use windows snip to do it

Gotcha, yeah that's probably unnecessary. I feel dumb asking, but how do I remove a device, and replace it with the same one, without losing all the rules/automations I have set?

Try the procedure here:

2 Likes

Do a complete shutdown (from the menu), remove power from the hub - meaning disconnect the power supply, wait 30 seconds, and power the hub back up.

Chances are high your thermostat will work again without your having to "replace" it as a failed z-wave device.

3 Likes

That seemed to fix it, it did take about 10 mins or so once everything settled after powering back up. It's not following my schedules, and rules normally. The logs so far on the thermostat looks "normal" now too. Thanks!

2 Likes

It happens. What that does is clear the z-wave radio.. glad you got it fixed!