[Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat] is it possible to add a low battery status?

I know things are busy with the zigbee issues, however when things stop being crazy I would like you to add a low battery warning status.

I'm in the process of using the power status to shut down the hub after a delay, I have a UPS and want the hub to be in shutdown when its battery dies. So it is important (relatively) the batteries in the thermostat are working.

Thanks
John

You can use percentages but if you want a more reliable way to monitor power outage get a Ring v2 extender. They have a battery and going from mains to battery can be used as a trigger as well as battery to main (bring the hub back up)

1 Like

Not sure why it would be more reliable. The Honeywell T6 already provides Battery/mains status.
And I have 3 of them.

In the last week two of them had a low battery warning on the panel. I just thought it would be nice if that showed up as a status item.

1 Like

I've found the trigger doesn't work as well. As you can see here the power source says mains but I pulled the thermostat off the wall 15 mins ago.. In about another 10 it will finally update. For me that's too long.

For my use, they UPS will last about 4 hours. I plan on shutting down the hub after an hour as we seldom if ever get a power outage > 1 hour but < 4 hours.

I will look into the triggering though. At least to understand the cause for the delay you saw.

1 Like

I mean, I happen to have a Ring v2 extender and it works well for a mains to battery trigger.

1 Like

I'm curious: why does the thermostat need a battery? My ecobees are wifi, yes, but they don't have batteries and I'm pretty sure they keep their programming even without power and internet.

Ecobee has an internet connection to reset the time when power and internet is restored. The Honeywell doesn't, so to keep the time correct they use batteries.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.