Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Device page does not retain settings and Sets them to odd values

[2.2.7.126 C7]

@bcopeland etal

I cannot seem to control my Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave. When I set the cooling setpoint to 73 the current setpoint shows 68.

Then when I set the "Set Heating Setpoint" to 65 the cooling goes to 0 and the heating goes to -2.

The physical thermostat does not reflect the above cooling values (heating is off and there is not heater connected).

I'm using the built-in Honeywell T6 Pro driver.

Any suggestions?

Interesting .. Do me a favor and switch to the Generic Z-Wave Plus Thermostat Driver, hit configure and then try this again..

Ok... where's what happened:

1. the thermostat seems to reflect the "Set Cooling Point" command (as immediately as I can get to the thermostat from my desk)

2. The "Current States doesn't seem to ever update.

3. in the attached log the "set cooling point" popped up in the logs immediately then nothing for I guess ~ a minute (seemed longer) nothing else happened. Then I hit refresh at point "A" then the remaining logs were appeared.

4. Regarding the heatingSetpoint = -2 perhaps this is because when I setup this thermostat I chose NO heating at all. i.e. the advanced menu ISU 200 is set at "cool only".

At this point I would be inclined to perform a factory reset on the thermostat, although it seems more of a driver issue.

If it matters: I have 3 of these thermostats:

1. this one for A/C
  2. two for heat only. One of there is disconnected from the wall but appears to be connected (running on batteries)

Yes.. based on the response I saw .. I suspected something like this.. Which is why I suggested trying the Generic Plus driver which polls for supported modes..

It is .. and I'll be checking into it.. The driver shouldn't have used the 0x00 invalid as a cooling setpoint response..

Thanks,

From the device event logs, the Tstat reports Modes that are disabled.

I'm going to retest the lack or slow updating of the "current states". Too many things happened last evening to be sure I am reporting the actual conditions.

John

I also seem to be having similar issues. (I think)
Has this been addressed?

Don't know. @bcopeland was going to look into it but have not heard any status. I think the Hubitat folks are working on another release, perhaps it might be in there.

Having the same issue but only with one of my thermostats. I have 3 of the same kind but the one on the 3rd floor is giving me problems.

1 Like

I haven't had a chance to look at the firmware in my thermostats. When I do I will post the versions. Can you check yours? Especially a "works" and a "doesn't work**"

Or exhibits the issue.

I ended up moving one from another floor to the 3rd floor and re-programmed. All is well. I'm wondering if that specific thermostat was just a little too far for the z-wave to connect? Not sure, but problem solved for now. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi sorry if his has been covered before but I am having trouble with the thermostat setpoint on my just installed and new T6 (TH6320ZW2003)
The setpoint read on the thermostat reads 74. When I try to change the temperature from the dashboard by one degree it shoots up to 80 both on the dashboard and on the T6. I have never setup an 80 setpoint. The only way I can get it to go down again is to manually change it at the thermostats. Has anyone seen this type of behaviour before? Any ideas how to resolve it? Thnx Bruce

Current States

• battery : 95
  • coolingSetpoint : 99
  • currentSensorCal : 0
  • heatingSetpoint : 80
  • humidity : 43
  • idleBrightness : 0
  • powerSource : mains
  • supportedThermostatFanModes : ["on","auto","circulate"]
  • supportedThermostatModes : ["auto","off","heat","cool","energy save heat","energy save cool"]
  • temperature : 70.0
  • thermostatFanMode : auto
  • thermostatMode : heat
  • thermostatOperatingState : heating
  • thermostatSetpoint : 80

Which driver are you using?

• Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro
  • v1.2

Try the built-in driver.

Doh! Quite right the built in driver works fine. Thanks very much.
I started off on the wrong thread ie: [[RELEASE] Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Driver]
and did not realize that there was a built in driver. I have not needed to get into the Hubitat weeds for some time and have forgotten that it can be challenging to find the right info..
Thanks again and Merry Xmas

1 Like

@aaiyar Are you recommending the built-in T6-specific driver or the built-in Generic thermostat driver?

I used the built-in T6 specific driver. But the Generic ZWave Plus Thermostat driver also works well with this thermostat.

FWIW, I recently replaced this thermostat with a GoControl because the GoControl provides finer-grained control over multiple-stage equipment (like a 2-stage compressor).

1 Like