Honeywell D6 Pro thermostat to Hubitat

I am new to Hubitat, I have figured out moving most of my lights and smart plugs successfully.
The devices that I am struggling with are the Honeywell D6 Pros that I use to control my Fujitsu mini-split A\C units. I have seen a couple of old threads about the topic, but got lost in the details and the long threads. So decided to create a new thread to ask if there is a driver for Hubitat that I can use?
I believe the D6 Pro at the end of the day is an IR emitter that mimics the A\C remote control, so I can technically switch to another IR emitter, but I already have the D6 setup, and I don’t want to have to record all IR frequencies for every remote control frequency that my mini-split understands. Also I like its temperature display as well.
Any advice is highly appreciated.

1 Like

Not sure about the D6 Pro but I use the Generic thermostat driver for my T6 Pro and it works great.

Looks like it’s a wifi device, so it would depend whether Honeywell has a documented (or undocumented but reverse-engineered) API that could allow for a custom Hubitat driver to be written for it.

Remotec makes similar devices that send IR codes to mini-split and window a/c’s, but function as z-wave thermostats, and can work natively with Hubitat.

However I would not recommend the ZXT-310 linked to above. That’s not intended for use as a bridge to air conditioner devices.

The ZXT-600 is a better option since it is meant to be used with a/c’s. The ZXT-120 is an older device but also meant to work with a/c’s.

You’re probably using the z-wave version of the Honeywell T6 Pro thermostat? Unfortunately that driver won’t work with this device.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.