HomeSeer or Hubitat - Why?

This is what motion lighting shows.

Seems a tad slow, but seeing how the Lutron integration logs fit into this would really help narrow it down.

Here is some better logs.

My general assumption is this is normal behaviour under Hubitat?

I just ran a very similar test, using an Iris v2 motion sensor, a Caseta Dimmer, and a Motion Lighting automation.

Here are the results. About 150ms from time motion is detected until the command is sent to the Caseta switch.

So now the question arises, what is wrong on my end ?

I did a soft reset two weeks ago....

What model Hubitat hub do you have? I could try to use my C5 to perform the same automation to see if there is any difference... just an idea...:thinking:

Sure.

Yes I have a c5 model.

One strange thing to add.

My logs if you look above show the light was turned on twice? Or at least the command was set twice ???

OK, here is an identical setup on my C5 development hub. Very similar timing to my production C3 hub.

here is the Motion Lighting automation

And slightly under 200ms from the initial motion active in the driver to the state report for the level change in the Luteon bridge driver. So about 50ms end to end response time for our lutron integration, that's pretty damn fast...

That’s awesome information, but I have know direction on how I should fix this?

Looking at more log info, it’s almost like the app launch delay between motion being detected and 1 second for the rule to run and another second or less to get to the hub...

I setup a new rule under simple lighting and it’s faster but not what your results are.

Where's the send command from the lutron device?, device 482 should have a send output entry for id 23...

That’s everything I captured from the log.

Lutron doesn’t have a debug option for their devices that I can see. Assuming that’s where I would get that info from ?

I can pull another log if you want ?

Here’s a new rule and I pulled the log again.

Yeah strange I don’t see any sent logs. I even tried setting up another rule with debug logging and I don’t see it.

I also checked the device and turned it on and off from there and I’m only seeing the recv portion.

The debug logs are in the lutron telnet device, enable the Enable debug logging preference.
You can turn off the debug logs for the motion, those aren't required.

Okay here’s the motion lighting rule, not the simple lighting.

Reviewing the last log I posted above I’m around 250ms from a send to receive from the Lutron hub. Safe to say the delay isn’t there.

It would appear to be the execution time of the hub....,

I’m out of ideas?

Just following up.

Support sent me over the info to fix the nic settings.

Since I updated and rebooted. So far, the hub is responding super fast!

I’ll keep you guys posted.

1 Like

Glad hear support seems to have gotten your hub’s performance improved.

This is exactly what I was referring to 3 days ago...:wink:

1 Like

Yep, and I did.

Been watching logs. Seems to be around 150-200ms respond times now...

I will keep an eye on things, but the hub responds quick when navigating rules now.

3 Likes