HomeSeer Black May Sale

FYI - the HomeSeer Black May sales have started. Switches, sensors at good discounts if anybody was holding out on getting HomeSeer switches.

1 Like

Switches are not part of the sale...... :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I guess I continue to hold out....

Yes they are....

The way HomeSeer does this is it's a Month-Long-Sale... each week it's a different "grouping" of items in the sale....

This week it's HS3 software, controllers and sensors.....

Following weeks will then be other pieces... switches will be in one of the weeks, then plugins, etc...

1 Like

Thanks! I'll check back on their site next week then

How much of a "sale" are they having? I rarely see anything more than 5% off which to be honest is not much of a sale at all when one switch from them costs $55. I love their switches, but they sure do overcharge for them.

1 Like

I would get Lutron at that price.

I haven't had a chance to post about it yet, so just a heads up - I had bad luck with the HS-FS100-W leak sensor with the perimeter cable. I randomly detected leaks when humidity went above maybe 70%. The midatlantic frequently hits 100% humidity, so this was a no-go. Fortunately they let me return it, but I wasn't happy with their explanation that the humidity levels here were unusual.

Dang was hoping those would be great. Doesn’t sound like it would work in south Texas where it’s always Hot and Humid

I have come across some reviews of their other leak sensor that make it sound like even their traditional leak sensor has problems. I'm just replacing it with a samsung leak sensor and hoping that if the washer hose ever bursts, the water pools around the sensor :grin:

I have the other ones and they work ok if I use the cord that comes with them.

I have problems with leak sensors as well. Doesn't matter the brand as the humidity is just too high and then condensation sets them off.

I have five samsung leak sensors around sinks and toilets and, so far, no false alarms. I'll add a sixth to the clothes washer, and maybe another one or two in the basement. At $20/each, it's pretty cheap insurance.

I have 16 of the 2nd gen (one before they added the top sensor contacts) ST leak sensors.

Never had a false alarm, but have had many real alarms (maids sometimes get exuberant with the mopping :smile: ).

2 Likes

Sure, but it would take a heck of a lot of condensation for the kind of sensor with two "pins" or probes that need an uninterrupted chain of water to close its contacts and report moisture. I'm not sure how the HomeSeer cable works, but presumably moisture along any (or at least a large enough part) of the cable will cause the same, which seems like a much lower threshold--something more likely to be affected by humidity and condensation.

Yes it does take a lot of condensation. Which I have. I was stating MY experience with different sensors in MY environment. My house is unique in that I don't have central A/C and I live in a Hot/Humid area...

I have fixed this issue by getting a small and thin as possible sponge and press the contacts into the sponge and make an indentation on the sponge then take a pen and make the hole a tiny bit deeper and then set the leak sensor into the holes. If there is a water leak the sponge will absorb the water and set it off. But condensation should not be a problem because the sponge will absorb it. Works well.

2 Likes

Check out eBay I picked up some Iris v2 leak sensors for about 13 each.

Sounds great. Any pictures of this?

No I don't sorry. I just grabbed a thin cheap sponge at the store and cut it in half. Sat it on the concrete and the leak sensor on it. If you want you can press on the bottom of the sponge so the contacts make an tiny imprint, then make them a little deeper so the contacts set down in them. Either way will work.

No worries thanks.