HomeKit to pass apple tv on/off status to Hubitat

I have a projector tv. The projector itself can be set at the lowest to turn off in 10 minutes when it loses signal. CEC from the Apple TV doesn't trigger an OFF...since you could just be changing HDMI feeds.

Everything is working fine...except for turning it off instantly when I power off the Apple TV.

I have Home set up on the phone and can control a device from that app back thru Hubitat.

However, I can't see my Apple TV...as a TV.

All I need to send is an "Apple TV powered down" message back to Hubitat to make this happen.

Surely, this can be set up? I've never used Home or Homekit before, but it seems like this should be easy.

you’ll want home assistant to be able to do this. Hubitat cant do this natively yet.

1 Like

Yes, I need home assistant to send a message to Hubitat when I turn off the Apple TV.

Is that possible?

Or can I share the projector with Home from Hubitat and build an apple automation that will turn off the projector?
Then I could trigger the screen to raise etc in Hubitat.
The triggers in Home seem almost useless.

Yes, in hubit i have a virtual device (switch) called Den ATV Status that is shared with home assistant. i have a home assistant automation that turns the shared device on/off depending on the actual Apple TV status reported in home assistant.

Thanks. Good to know this will work. I think my learning curve is on the Home apps side. Even though my Apple TV in Home shows...I can build an automation trigger if my HE virtual switch changes in Home...but don't seem to be able to build one the other way around.

Actually, I can't finish building that rule because it keeps asking what audio app to use...when all I want to do is turn on/off the ATV.

But anyway. I'm sure with just a bit more tinkering I'll get it.

Again, thanks!