Homekit Lost Connection

This morning my Home app on my Iphone showed no connection to HE. I restarted integration, several times. Re-booted hub. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions as to what to try next? Airplay integration is still working fine.

C8 hub, 2.3.7.145

Shut down and unplug hub for around 30 seconds before booting up again, for good measure, although this probably wont help.

Look in your home app to see which Home Hub is acting as the main (if more than one).
Power cycle that main hub, which should make it switch to another one.

If that does not help then power cycle ALL of your Apple Home Hubs (HomePods and ATV).

Tried all that. Nothing worked. By the way, I wish Apple had a plug in connection on the back of their hubs. Having to go to the outlet is a pain. As most of those are behind furniture, etc... :stuck_out_tongue:

I've tried everything several times. No luck. Really need some suggestions here.

I made sure everything had the latest updates. Powered down, reset, etc. etc. Still won't connect up. Even re-booted my router.

It has been working just fine for months. And I haven't changed anything. So it really doesn't make any sense.

I have a C5 with another instance of Homekit integration and it is working just fine.

HELP!! Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have re-booted, unplugged. Re-plugged everything one at a time, etc. Nothing is working. Got to be something causing this problem.

Did you add any new devices to the HK integration recently? I think in the past people have found a single device with something abnormal about it was breaking the whole thing.

The last thing I had added was 3 weeks ago when I changed out a contact sensor. Things had been working fine, so didn't think of that. But based on your suggestion I removed it from Homekit. BINGO, that was it.

So now I wondered why. As it turned out that particular sensor, Third Reality, had been giving me a battery reading of 200. It was going back and forth from 100 to 200. I had followed some recomendations at the time and thought that was fixed. when I went in and looked at it now, it was at 200. I removed the battery part from Homekit and all is ok.

I have several of these Third Reality sensors and that is the only one doing that.

Thanks for the heads up.

@gopher.ny Something to make note of, invalid battery number can apparently break all of HK, you may need to filter out bad values.

2 Likes

Really sad when one bad reading can take down a whole integration. Don’t know if it’s an HE issue or an Apple issue, but it ain’t right.

1 Like