Homekit issues

I decided to give this a try again and had problems. I set up a new home in Apple Home so as not to affect my existing home. I can assign devices to the app on the hub and when the hub is added to Home, I see them in Apple Home on my iPhone. The problem I saw was that about every 2-3 minutes, EVERY device went offline and then back online 10-15 seconds later. That's not usable for us. For now, I'm sticking with Homebridge but I would like to see a time when I can get rid of that extra computer.

That is definitely not normal, I strongly suggest raising a support ticket or PM @bobbyD with your hub details.

1 Like

Greetings Jim. Do you have an Apple hub as well? Home is setup on the iPhone but having an Apple HomePod/hub increases stability and options. Apple TV, HomePod or HomePod Mini can be set as your hub and is recommended. iPhone alone works, but I've seen those reconnect issues before adding my Mini. That helped mine. In addition to stability, this gives you remote access as well.
(So, as to avoid confusion, I mean HE remains your Hub, integrating an Apple HomePod Mini (for example) with your HE, on the same network as your HE, gives you a solid interface between Apple Home and your HE hub. The improved connection increases reliability, decreases the disconnect/reconnect issue and allows remote access with your phone to your devices)

1 Like

Note that without an Apple hub, your Home devices are only accessible while on WiFi.

I do have the latest Apple TV 4K set up as my hub.