Homekit: Is the Apple TV 4k w Ethernet able to display and control the Hubitat devices on the TV Home App?

Excited about the Homekit integration. I need to ask Santa for either a Home Pod mini, or the Apple TV 4k w Ethernet & Matter, so I have an Apple compatible hub. Was wondering if I would be able to see and control the Hubitat devices through the Apple TV device? 95% of what I have on Hubitat is Z-Wave switches/dimmers, plugs, and sensors. The other stuff is my three Ecobees, and MYQ Garage Door Opener, which I'm not too concerned about.

I think Santa can afford the additional $50, if I can get this capability in the Apple TV device. Would definitely help in the WAF quotient.

I've never seen any Hubitat devices appear in the ATV Home app since installing Homekit.

There is no Home app for Apple TV. It is only possible to see and use scenes as long as “add to home view” is selected in the scene. An iPhone or newer iPad is needed to setup Apple Home.

3 Likes

Isn’t there some 3rd party HomeKit apps for appleTV?

Thanks. I just assumed that Apple would have included a Home app on their TV device, since they could have easily ported it to their TV devices from their Iphone and Ipad apps. Makes it an easy decision for me to go with the Home Pod mini, since all of my HDMI ports on the TV are spoken for.

I believe that there is a paid third party app, but I haven’t tried it. I agree that it is ridiculous that a native Home app isn’t included.

So while technically people are right, what you will see are smart home notifications appear on your apple tv when it's on, and you can configure what alerts show.

With the Homebridge Homekit HE integration and now with the official, I'm able to see when my doors unlock/lock or when the kids door opens.

I haven't tried to use Siri on the Apple TV, but I would bet she can control the devices from HE I have exposed to Homekit.

Yes she can. Also, scenes created that are available on the main Home screen on iPhone are able to be seen and activated on ATV.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.