HomeKit: Invitee all devices show “No Response”

Hi all. I recently learned about the HomeKit integration with the recent Hubitat update. Before this I wasn't really using HomeKit or the iOS Home app except that I had noticed that I could control my Lutron Casetas natively with it but rarely used it for that. So I saw the update and turned on the integration and it works perfectly on my phone and iPad (only on the LAN.) I am pretty sure I need a HomePod or an Apple TV in order to use it remotely?
So I decided to invite my wife to my “Home.” She was able to receive and accept the invite and all devices show up however, they all say “No Response” with the exception of 2 iHome switches which I have had for years. I doubt if this is a Hubitat issue as the lutron devices also do not respond. AT the same time I am not super familiar with HomeKit and I don't know that it’s not an issue with Hubitat? I have done lots of google searching and YouTube searches and People with similar issues have had to call Apple support and some have never been successful. I am hoping that maybe one of you who is more familiar with HomeKit may have some ideas to help. Thanks for reading.

It started working shortly after installing the latest Hubitat update. Could just be coincidence but I wanted to share in case anyone else has the same problem.

Yes. I prefer the Apple TV connected via ethernet. It will be a much more reliable experience if you do this. Otherwise I don’t think your wife will be able to control devices unless your phone is on the home wifi. You don’t mention which iOS version you are using. If you are on 16.2 beta, recently updated your iPhone, or your iPhone wasn’t connected to your home wifi at the time, that was likely the solution.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.