HomeKit Integration Beta: Virtual Switch State not changing in HomeKit when it changes in Hubitat

Progress. Ken_Fraleigh, could you outline the steps you took. Was it like:

1. Set up a virtual switch in hubitate - devices/add device/virtual, device name:test switch, type: virtual switch
  2. Add virtual switch to homekit: apps/homekit integration, select test switch, wait a while for it to show up in homekit
  3. Add virtual switch to dashboard: apps, select test switch to add to dashboard; got to dashboard and add device test switch
    Thanks

Except I didn’t add it to the HE dashboard, I just triggered it from the device page and from Apple Home. Do you have the same issue if triggering/viewing it from the device page?

Further on this. I added another new Virtual Switch -- Same problem, no two way sync. I finally figured out that I had to remove all of my hubs from my iCloud account and then re-attach them to iCloud. Now everything works fine.

I thought HK was not backward compatible to Hubitat, that is a non-Hubitat device cannot be synced from Home Kit to HE. Am I wrong or right? I don't quite understand the programming aspect of these Smart Home scenarios so bear with me.

My case: Setup new device in HE, Minoston mini-plug z-wave plus. Selected Apple HK beta from apps in HE and it showed up in HK, but when I closed the HE GUI it disappeared from Homekit. Now I can't get it back. What the heck??

I dropped it from the dashboard. No change.

This sounds encouraging, but a bit drastic. I will give it a try.

user1478-I only have one hub, I signed out from iCloud and signed back in. My virtual switches did appear for about 4 minutes, then went back to "No Response". I repeated this, but this time they never came back at all. Frustrating.

Rather than singing out if iCloud,

Go to settings>your name>iCloud.

Scroll down to your hub and click on it.

Then click remove from account.

Then go to the hub itself (not your phone) and re-add the hub to iCloud.

That worked for me.

Thanks, I will try it.

I just wanted to close out my situation (HE virtual switches not showing as active in Homekit). Embarrassingly, my issue was that the HE and the Apple hub (AppleTV) were on different networks. I put them on the same network and it works great, almost like magic!
This was solved for me by user aaiyar (here) and I just wanted to say again how grateful I am for his help.

1 Like

user1478-Hello again.
Well, I have one virtual switch working perfectly (can turn it on/off from Hubitat or Homekit). I added another and it will only work one way, on/off in Homekit displays in Hubitat, not the other way around.
I tried your suggestion: On the phone settings/name, scroll down to hub and remove. Re-add hub to the cloud.
This had no effect. Any other suggestions?
Many thanks.

I had similar issues. Make sure and remove all of your hubs (including appletv). Make sure that your hubs are in the latest OS. Restart the router.

Thanks, this didn't seem to work, I will try again

user1478:
I would really like to get this working, but I can't seem to get your solution to work. Could you give me more detail on what you did? Based on your post, this is what I was doing:
On the iPhone: Go to settings>your name>
** Scroll down to your hub and click on it.*
** Then click remove from account*

Then go to the hub itself (Apple TV, not your phone) and re-add the hub to iCloud.

I could not find an option to re-add the hub on the Apple TV, it just re-appeared on the iphone.
Thanks again for any help

Make sure to sign out of your iCloud account on the AppleTV and your hub

Go into the Home app and make sure that you aren’t missing any hubs to remove.

Thanks for your help, but I still only have one-way integration with the virtual switches. On my Apple TV Hub I signed out of my iCloud account, the home app only shows one enabled home hub. I then signed back in and re-added the hub.

Restart the integration in Hub. Add another bewitch and see if that works. Otherwise, I’m out of ideas.

That didn't work, but I think I found the issue. When you are in the Hombridge V2 app, you need to add the device by selecting it in the app, choose update, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and select done, then scroll down to the bottom of that page and select done. When I went back and did this with the non-working virtual switches, everything works. I probably was only selection the first done....
I found this on github by fluffylizard under Device State Changes made in Hubitat not being reflected in HomeKit#123
Again, thanks for all the time you spent on this

FYI, this topic is “Homekit integration beta” ie Hubitat’s built in Homekit Beta app, not Tonesto7’s Homebridge-V2. Any issues that you have with Homebridge-V2 should be posted in that thread if you want appropriate advice. I haven’t seen any posts about needing to nuke one’s entire Home setup to get that integration working properly (not a slam at the Homekit Beta app). Homebridge doesn’t have to play by Apple’s rules.

I try to add a virtual switch to Homekit app and then try to add the Hubitat Hub to Home on the Ipad and get the following message

Uncertified Accessory: This accessory has not been certified to work with home and may not work with reliably or securely with this Ipad?

anything I can do I redid the VR Switch and restarted my Hub and try again with the Home app on IOS and get the same message and failed to add to the Home IOS app.