Homekit Bug? Incompatible devices issue

G’day Hubitat crew, I decided to share the homekit load across my 2 hubs. I was able to pair the second hub without an issue.

However, all devices show as incompatible, despite half of them being shared by hub mesh to my primary hub and then being shared successfully to homekit.

We are talking simple stuff like light bulbs and temperature / humidity sensors. Eg

is this a bug?

@bobbyD @bravenel

Doesn’t support HubMesh.

But most of these devices are already shared from my secondary hub to my primary hub, and then shared to homekit from the primary hub.

I just want to go direct from the secondary to homekit for those devices managed directly on the secondary hub.

Hmmm. Could have sworn I read that restriction early on, now you’re going to make me go back and find the thread to see if I missed a directional change. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Even curiouser as that was what I thought should work…

1 Like

Yeah I know it’s just bizarre.

@gopher.ny any insight?

1 Like

HomeKit does not pick up hub mesh devices. IMO, hub mesh adds another layer of possible failure. The recommended approach is to export HomeKit devices on whichever hub they're on.

Are we talking about local-to-the-secondary-hub devices that are showing up as incompatible in a local-on-the-secondary-hub HomeKit integration? If so, can you PM me the hub id?

This. Will do.

Ok, I'm an idoit! I just realised I'm sharing those devices via HomeBridge, not the Hubitat integration! :man_facepalming:

That's why they work from my primary hub.

1 Like

Yeah, its idiot, idoit.

:rofl: :rofl: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

It's OK, (I do it) too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.