HomeKit beta has problem with valves?

Excited at the prospect of direct integration, my Hubitat has just one bulldog valve controller which would turn on and off fine using the homebridge integration. I disabled the homebridge integration, updated my Hubitat to 2.3.4.114 and set up HomeKit integration for the bulldog. It appears in HomeKit and I can operate it, BUT when closing the valve, the HomeKit display on my iDevices says ‘stopping…’ with the little activity wheel, never going to ‘stopped’ or ‘closed’. The physical valve was shut off by the bulldog. Then, if I tap the accessory widget on my iDevice, the widget changes to ‘Running’ and the physical valve opens. Tap again, and I’m back to permanent ‘stopping…’. Is this a bug in the valve driver, the integration, or my setup?

I forgot to mention, the bulldog pane in my dashboard in hubitat shows the valve off just fine. It’s only the display in HomeKit that never updates.

Changed bulldog from valve to switch and it avoids the permanent spinning wheel 'stopping...'. The bulldog is also in my HomeKit using Homebridge, and that instance appears to work properly as a valve. This suggests a problem in the Habitat HomeKit integration for valves.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.