Homekit - Anyone Having Issues With Apple Watch

I'm wondering if anyone else using Homekit is having issues with it when using Apple Watch. My C-8 is on 2.3.6.144. HomePods, ATV, Phone are all on the latest versions.

Everything works as it should on my iPhone whether I open the Home app or use Siri. Similarly the HomePods work fine via Siri. However on my Watch everything either shows 'Updating' or 'Unavailable'. If I hold the crown and give a voice command I just get 'on it' then "hmmm - xyz is taking time to respond'. Watch is my preferred way of using the Home app.

I had something like that happen a week or three ago. . . I rebooted the Apple Hub, watch, & iPhone, then (until reading this post) I forgot about it.

Though, I frustrate myself a lot by leaving my phone where I was sitting - if in another room I often get "taking a while to respond" Siri responses when issuing a command. Sad, as Siri is the only one left that WILL listen to me.

...bob

2 Likes

Thanks - I'll give that a try in the morning. Everything got updated when iOS 17 came out along with the new TVOS and WatchOS.

I got a new iPhone the other day and initially after re-pairing the watch, no devices were showing on the watch even though they were all present on the new phone. Rebooting the Watch did nothing, but everything was visible after the phone was restarted.

Just checked the home app in my watch and its working. Do you have your watch connected to Wifi/cellular or just the BT to the phone? I set mine up for Wifi but I think it only connects if the phone is out of range, not sure if that is helping me any.

I am still on iOS 16 also, is there a reason to update to 17?

1 Like

I can confirm that it works on my Apple Watch as well. Watch is on 10.0.1 (21R360) and phone is on 17.0.3.

Is there a reason not to? :wink:

I personally like some of the new functionality like the ability to share AirTags, the autocorrect is also nice as it now lets you know what changed, etc.

That is a reason, I need that and it has been annoying that you couldn’t do that before.

I guess I would have to bother to read the release notes. I honestly didn’t even know 17 was public yet that’s how much I usually don’t care.

1 Like

It’s the “little” things sometimes that make all the difference! :slight_smile:

My AW works better than the Homepods as far as voice control is concerned. At least the watch doesn't ask me "who is speaking" every time I make a request. I do believe the Homepods are getting a bit better over time. I have voice recognition turned on but it only works part of the tlme. I really like that I can see my Unifi Protect cameras feeds on the Watch.