Homebridge Plug-in

it's similar with 'log surfing' -- watching logs and knowing 'by feel' if the results are showing up 'normally' or not. My 'coordinator' logs are pretty much seeing everything. "Snappy" is the metric I have :smiley:

2 Likes

I am SO jelly.

So which is better to move towards? MakerAPI or HubConnect?

I know nothing of MakerAPI version.. I've only used HubConnect.

MakerAPI is a 'smaller' install and is native/built-in.
HubConnect continues to target a multi hub environment. If you have a 2nd Hubitat or a SmartThings you're still using, HubConnect would be better.

In other words, let your total system needs dictate the product choice, not the specific App. :smiley:

5 Likes

Awesome work Dan...thanks for the reply. Looking forward to trying it out as soon as you make it ready. I only have the one Hub so and excited to try it using the built in MakerAPI version.

@dan.t @tonesto7 New to the party - would be great to maybe start a new thread on this, this is not pretty buried and hard to access being that there are 544 posts

1 Like

split topic requested from support.

1 Like

Take a look here:

4 Likes

Thanks for all the work you've done and congrats on the new plugin...

I'm officially obsolete now :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Strange feeling eh?
Hopefully it turns into a group effort where everybody can keep making things faster, better, stronger.....

You can always leave SmartThings and come over to the light....

3 Likes

I just found a pretty nice HomeKit app. The only negative is that it’s $11.99

HomeDash by inbrillio UG (haftungsbeschrankt)

1 Like

I've been eyeing this same app but yeah, expensive. I wish someone would come up with something where you could actually design your own dashboard with resizable buttons etc. I had a Vera hub before Hubitat and loved this app:
HomeWave by Intvelt ‎HomeWave on the App Store
Wish something like it existed for Homekit.

Wha ? Expensive !?!
C’mon, that’s less than a few coffees :coffee:or 2 beers :beers:

I have absolutely no connection to the developer but they've made something you’re after and all they’re asking for it is a couple of coffees :blush:

It seems to me like you’re missing something here.

2 Likes

Thanks @dan.t and @tonesto7 for the homebridge plugin. I was pushing the envelope with 60 accessories in Homebridge and was seeing lag and had to restart the hub a couple of times. I installed the new code and configured the devices. We'll see how it goes. Running homebridge in docker on my synology NAS.

1 Like

I created virtual thermostats for each room in my house in Hubitat and passed the settings through to homebridge. I use the virtual thermostats with the Keenect plugin to manage setpoints to open/close my Keen smart vents. The virtual thermostats show up in Home but they have a default temperature of 68F. Can anyone think of a way to pass the actual temperature for a temperature sensor in the room through to the virtual thermostat? I don't think the incorrect reporting is hurting anything but it doesn't look right.

1 Like

Do you have sensors in that room that actually measure the temperature? If so, you could just set the temperature of the virtual thermostats with a trigger that triggers on a temperature change of the sensor

Yes, I have a virtual temp sensor in the room. The sensor also passes through to homebridge so I can see what it reads in the homekit app. The virtual thermostat passes through to the Home app and for that room I have two temp readings: the temp sensor reading which is accurate and the virtual thermostat which comes from hubitat and I don't believe its reporting temperature so Apple Homekit reports it at 68F all the time. If I look at that room it can be confusing to see two different temps. I was interested in whether the virtual thermostat could be set to report temp from the temp sensor.

Take look here, they talked about exactly that:

You can do what you want with @Cobra "Average All" app

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks.

So I just moved over to this setup.

Are people's experience been good with this over tone's version?