I don’t suspect the node server, but I would need to confirm with the new code. Previously, I completely shutdown my node server and still experienced the issue. But if at least Homebridge isn’t running on the node server, I’ll get errors from the Homebridge app in HE and that could influence the results.
I didn’t try the app with no devices enabled. I’m about to travel, so remote testing will be out of the question. I can try tomorrow morning, but won’t be able to test further until the end of April. A lot could change here in that time, so my test might not even be valid or at all helpful by that time.