Homebridge no longer reading blinds position

Hello,

I have z-wave blinds using the generic z-wave blind driver. I have Homebridge set up so I can use Apple HomeKit. All has been working perfectly until about a week ago.

I started seeing that HomeKit didn't know if my blinds were open or not. I logged into my Homebridge console and saw that it had updates to install so I took care of that and hoped it would fix the issues. Today, I decided to look further into the issue and while watching the Homebridge logs fly by, I saw some errors. When I scroll up to them, this is what I see: "Error getting value for Characteristic [Current Position] Using Attribute (position) for Cindy’s Office Blind (Cindy’s Office Blind)". Of course, the device name is different for each blind.

When I look at the devices on my hub, I see the position there so I know the hub knows where the blind is at. Any ideas why Homebridge suddenly stopped working? Or is it the hub update that broke it?

you should post this concern here

The Homebridge HE app and plugin both just got some updates. Did you update both or only the Homebridge plugin?

Hi there,

Both the plug-in and the HE app are at v2.9.

I fixed these issues and pushed out updates yesterday..

1 Like

I just got back from vacation last night. I installed the updates and it is all working again.

Thank you!!