Homebridge integration Q

I literally did exactly as you described in terms of the copy and paste. I got everything to check out — HB allows me to save and the JSON config reports the full JSON is valid (ie all plugins, including Hubitat). However, I still see the same error in the HB status “Not Running - View Logs”.

To this, I’m sure you’ll say again “what do the logs read” and to my original response, “there are dozens of errors; some involve plugins that typically work when Hubitat is off, some involve what appears to be connection issues, others report things like address already in use”. If you can help me identify the ones that are important/relevant, I can try to parse those out to provide more context around the issue.

Appreciate it man! I may end up going this route

1 Like

I would delete the Hubitat plugin from HB totally.
Then verify your HB logs for any errors, make sure everything else is working properly.
Then from the HB UI, on the plugins tab search for and install the Hubitat (Tonesto7) plugin again.
Do not configure it at all, just restart HB and see what happens.
Then use the individual plugin JSON config to paste in the config for this plugin.
Restart HB again.

If you don't know what errors are important just paste in all the errors (the full error message) and we can try and figure it out. If you are worried about posting something sensitive on here you can always create a unlisted/private pastebin and dump the entire log in there, and PM me the link.

Before you do anything else, remove all plugins from HB and restart as @jtp10181 suggests. Make sure that HB runs properly on its own before adding anything.

I would also suggest using the child bridge option for your HB plugins. That way if a plugin fails to load it doesn’t interfere with your other plugins and HB will still start. I’m also using this plugin with HB-ui-x and have been for years now with no issues. I imagine you will get this figured out since you have other plugins running successfully.

1 Like

Will do, thanks! I’ll also send log shortly, if removing it doesn’t work.

Thanks for the feedback. Quick question though, if the other plugins worked before I installed the Hubitat plugin, and they continue to work if I Disable the Hubitat plugin, is it really necessary to delete them all? If so, I’m willing to do whatever, but I’m also trying to minimize the work in reinstalling them if removing them isn’t completely necessary based on the above.

No. The goal is to eliminate the Hubitat plugin you currently have installed.

Yes you can try this also when you setup the Hubitat plugin again. I set mine up before this was available so I have left it on the main bridge, but I moved all my other plugins to child bridges. If I was setting it up new right now, I would use the child bridge option.

That will add some extra config into the JSON for that plugin so make sure you dont wipe that out when modifying the config.

"_bridge": {
                "username": "XXXXXX",
                "port": 31614
            },

I enabled the child bridge after the fact and it worked fine. I can’t remember if I had to re-room everything. It seems likely.

Yes, all devices will be re-created so any custom icons or rooms will be lost. This is why I have left mine alone for Hubitat. All the other plugins only had 1-2 devices so it was not a problem.