Homebridge - Hubitat - Why?

If you have Hubitat Package Manager r(HPM) running all you need to do is select Install option and search Homebridge v2. If you dont have HPM installed you can install Hubitat/Homebrige manually. Check out the authors github

GitHub - tonesto7/homebridge-hubitat-tonesto7: Hubitat Homebridge Plugin

2 Likes

Another option that requires no custom code on Hubitat is @dan.t’s Maker API plug-in for HomeBridge. I have been using it for a long time with no issues.

3 Likes

I read through the comments, and as far as I can understand, there is still no way of backwards communication from Homebridge to Hubitat? I have a few Sonoff Wifi devices with factory firmware, and can't add them to Hubitat. I tried through Home Assistant, however it wasn't working well (chrashes, or updating breaks things...), and I tried adding my light switches from Homebridge to Hubitat. Note that I do not own any Apple devices, and I am not planning at all. :slight_smile:

Correct, communication is from he to hk or he to ha to hk. Now you can use virtual switches to make HK do something on HE. Such as have HK open a lock on HE.

2 Likes

You can also use the Homebridge and HE Nodes in Node-RED and do similar things.. I was doing this with Ring for a bit.

2 Likes