Home assistant palette for Node Red?

For those of you that use Node Red outside of Home Assistant, what HA palette(s} do you recommend to incorporate entities, devices, etc?

All of the instructional videos I found on YouTube for NR and HA utilize the NR add-on within HA and the palette seems different from pallets available otherwise but I could be crazy. I'm only testing the waters with HA so I don't want to use NR add-on within it when I have NR working great outside of HA.

That really seems like a much better question to ask on the HA forums...

I just think it is kind of tacky to use Hubitat's forums to ask about one of their competitor's extensions / integration to a 3rd party.

That said, I just used the home assistant websocket nodes in node-red. They worked fine.

I am just trying to get Amcrest cameras' motion sensor capability into HE and I don't know another way to do it than HA. I trudged thru creating the devices and animations that send HTTP Requests to HE Virtual Motion sensors. I was hoping to do it using NR instead. Trust me, I am in no way going to promote HA over HE and don't want to move all of my NR into HA and the NR add-on.

Additionally, I just received my 3rd hub yesterday from HE so I don't think there is any doubt who has their hands in my wallet. $ :grinning:$ :grinning:$ :grinning:$

2 Likes

I have amcrest if you find a way please share. All I’ve read there is no API.

I get that. No biggie.

I'm just saying that just because I own 10 MS Windows licenses doesn't mean it is OK to go ask for iPhone help on their forums. :man_shrugging:

Not something I'm losing sleep over, though. Peace and love. :slight_smile:

& Rock n Roll!!!!!!

I could have clarified my motivation was not to move to HA but just get something from HA that I couldn't get currently directly from HE.

@JBrown With that being said, I have been using Tasker on a cheap Android phone that's always home for a few months now successfully. Having just setup similar with HA, I can say that the Tasker/Android method (Not a competitor of HE @JasonJoel :stuck_out_tongue: haha) was MUCH easier to setup and the power to run an Android phone is much less. Running HA just for what I was trying to accomplish is overkill.

Check out this thread:

Disregard the title. In the thread, I mention how I use this method for Eufy Doorbell, Amcrest cameras, and Wyze cameras.

1 Like

I use it within the add-on which pre-installs this pallet

2 Likes

That's the node set I used when integrating HA with node-red, too.

2 Likes

that "Call Service" node in that palette can literally do anything in HA, not sure why there would be any reason to look for something else

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.