Home Assistant devices work but not through schedule

Hi,

I installed home assistant and discovered all the devices (wireless blinds through Tuya), they all work separately, If I select one and set it at 25%, it goes to 25%. If I set it to 0, it goes to 0, any device.
the problem is when I setup Rule Machine to run at sunset, only one or two blinds move.
I get no errors on the logs:
app:2302023-02-20 07:12:26.927 PMinfoDelay Over: Close: Family 3 Curtain, kitchen Curtain, Den Curtain, Master Curtain, Guest 1 Curtain, Guest 2 Curtain, Guest 3 Curtain, Family 1 Curtain, Family 2 Curtain

app:2302023-02-20 07:12:23.881 PMinfoAction: Close: Family 3 Curtain, kitchen Curtain, Den Curtain, Master Curtain, Guest 1 Curtain, Guest 2 Curtain, Guest 3 Curtain, Family 1 Curtain, Family 2 Curtain --> delayed: 0:00:03
I even setup delays in case the events were being lost by going together, I separated the devices into different lines of the same rule, I don't know what else to try.
Can someone help me troubleshoot this?
Am I trying to do a lot more than this is supposed to be doing?

thanks,

Sam

If I’m reading your log correctly you are reissueing the same command to the same 9 devices after a 3 second delay. You may want to try metering the commands so you add a pause in between the device commands like below

Another option to try is to do 4 devices in the first run and 5 devices in the delayed run, so your not telling 9 devices to change state at the same time.

here's the actual rule:

they are separated, each one runs after 3 second delay.

thanks,

That way they are still all delayed at the same time. Rule machine does not stop processing between scheduling delays. So they are all schedule to run in 3 seconds.

As @sidjohn1 suggested, the metering option would put a 3 sec between the actions.

1 Like

I'll try, does it make sense to create a rule for each set of blinds? (3 family room, 3 Guest room and the other 3?) will that overload rule maker?

thanks for the help,

Sam

I would say it would take a lot more then that to overload RM. But if you intend to run these 3 rules at the same time it is pretty much the same as all in one rule.

I delayed each rule 1 minute. let's see if it works.

thanks again

the strange thing is that if I run the rules manually, they work, even for the 9 blinds in one shot, it's only when it's scheduled.

That one I can't explain but I would definitely used the metering option. It's quite simple. It's a one line rule.

Can you tell me how to use the metering option?

Change the delays to as follows and it should work better:

Or

I must have a different version, I don't have a meter slide, see attached.

thanks

You need to have more then one device selected for the metering option to appear

1 Like

It did the same thing with the metering and with the separate groups of blinds. it has to do with the scheduling, it works fine when I run the rules by themselves.

thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.