Hikvision security camera, Smart Events to trigger hubitat

I'm not sure how to get the url needed from my hikvision Camera so when an alert happens, the camera can send it to hubitat , after that I can use my sonos speakers to notify everyone in the house.

any help would be great.

Maybe this does what youā€™re looking for (have Hikvision cams but never tried it myself)?

Yes, if your Hikvision cameras support the "HTTP Listening" feature (also goes by "HTTP Data Transmission" or "Alarm Server" on some cameras/firmwares), and they are not behind an NVR, then my custom driver will do what you need by accepting alarm events and exposing them as a motion, presence, or contact sensor. It can also emulate a button press. With that, you can implement whatever logic and actions you need in Rule Machine.

1 Like

Hi. I am trying to configure your custom driver. However, my cameras are directly attached to a Hikvision NVR, but I have Virtual Host enabled on the NVR, meaning I can access them/their config via the NVR ip address plus a port number. Should this work with you driver, or do the camera definitely have to be connected to a switch/router and not the NVR?

100% you have to have the cameras connected to the network, not the recorder (I'm a Hik installer). Virtual host only allows you access to the web UI of the camera that is connected to the PoE port of the NVR. If the http listening feature in the camera is configured, it won't get beyond the NVR.

You could simply put a small PoE switch at the NVR and connect the existing NVR network connection through it. Disconnect any cameras from the NVR that you need the feature for, reconfigure their IP address, edit the camera channel of the NVR from Plug and Play to Manual using the cameras new IP address, then reconnect the camera(s) to the PoE switch. Once that's done it will work.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ll do that. :+1:t2: