Hikvision IP CCTV camera motion alarm output to z-wave

Looking for an option to intergrate my hikvision camera motion (via the output alarm - wired) to a zwave devices suitable for HE. i.e. looking for an item that can convert a hard wired signal to zwave?

It is a very low output on the cameras and will have to check exact specs on this.

Anyone complete something similar?

Cheers.

This little gizmo popped up recently:

I think you could use a z-wave contact sensor that has external inputs. Several brands have them, ecolink is one that comes to mind.

Is the alarm output a 5v out? I have hikvision but I don't use that. Yet.

The fibaro one looks like an option I may have to test. I'm in Australia so zwave is limited to mostly fibaro, goap and aeotec. I was hoping there maybe something I have not yet seen.
@vjv not sure on the output yet. I will have to look into it. If you find out, please let me know.

If the software you are using has to option to set a motion alert via a web / http call, then it may very well be cheaper & easier. Since you are running everything local, you are also not 'Net dependent. [Blue Iris has this option, but pretty much all worth their salt do) Used alongside the Maker API app, it has proven to be 100% reliable for me.

J

I was looking yesterday the blue iris thread, I want to try it. I did not find it.

It has been several years since I installed BI, but I recall the initial install is a trial version for 30 days. Please correct me if I am wrong. Download Blue Iris

1 Like

Did you get this up and running?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.