Hikvision integration with older nvr (DS-9632NI-ST)

Is there a way to integrate an older hikvision nvr to get motion events and or video? i followed the instructions that come up when you add the virtual device but i was not able to find the alarm server through the nvr network tab.

The age of the NVR doesn't matter. It's the cameras themselves that have the alarm server/http listening function and the individual camera the would be added as a device. To get it working, the cameras must:

1 - have the feature. It's in Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Http Listening on older cameras

or Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Alarm server on newer models

2 - The cameras need to be on the same network segment as the hub. That means if you're using either a dual LAN NVR with the second LAN port connecting the cameras, or have an NVR with PoE ports connected to the cameras, it won't work (as the second LAN or PoE use a different network address isolated from the LAN.

Your 9632 doesn't have PoE ports so it depends on whether your cameras are on the same segment as the hub or if theyre connected to the NVRs second LAN port.

1 Like

I’m not sure if your able to see the image I attached but these are the network options i get when logging directly into the camera model DS-2CD132F-I

SNMP

FTP

EMAIL

PLATFORM ACCESS

HTTPS

QoS

802.1x

I should note as well this camera is plugged into the Ethernet port on my router not directly into the NVR

That’s an older camera that doesn’t have the functionality. If you look on the system settings page under ‘firmware version property’ I think you’ll find it’s a R0 firmware platform model which has long been discontinued (newest available firmware is 5.4.5 I think). The feature was added later.