HIKVISION Camera Driver Error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException

Getting this error on most event messages from cameras with more recent versions of firmware.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog. on line 58 (method parse)

And I know why. This driver does not support the new multi-part event messages sent from newer cameras. The other problem with this driver is that it pushes buttons on every event message it receives.

Not a problem for me but if it is for you, you might consider using my driver instead. Start here with the User Guide

1 Like

Tagging @mike.maxwell.

Yeah, that's why I don't use that driver. I need motion called, not buttons.
Does your driver have the option to call it a motion event for any type of event; intrusion, line crossing, etc..

Yes, it sure does. It also consolidates multiple motion events on the camera into one motion event on the device in HE if they all occur within the motion reset interval. It also offers push buttons that are only pressed once for each motion event, which can also be used as triggers in rules. See the Alarm Server and State Changes sections in the User Guide link above for a description and examples of how it operates. Thanks!