High Power Dimmer Box

I'm looking for a high power dimmer box that could be controlled by a zwave dimmer like Zooz 77.
The load is 700W, comprised of numerous LED 120V recessed lights.

In fact it does not necessarily need to be zwave, but it needs to be control through Hubitat.

Any suggestions?

You could try the GE/Jasco.

Might I add..
That's alot of LED bulbs.
Can you split them and use 2 dimmers?

The specs on the Jasco page don't list LED capacity. It lists incandescent capacity at 960W. Lutron has 1000W incandescent dimmers, the LED capacity is generally 250W. I agree that's a lot of lights.

1 Like

If there is nothing to handle that size of a load, I will need to split them up. Trying to avoid that at the moment. This is for a larger auditorium.
I know there are DMX dimmer packs that can handle this. But it requires more setup, and I'm not sure how well it would integrate with Hubitat.

You could use a DMX type dimmer pack that supports 0-10v, then use a zen54 to control the dimmer pack. Need to make sure the dimmer pack supports the
number of LED's or max wattage for LED,

1 Like

Do you know of any such dmx packs?

I am not familiar with any specific ones as I have never needed to use one however, I know they make 0-10v Dimmer Packs.
Have a look at: https://www.digitallighting.com/animationfolder/pd%20Analog%20dimmers.htm
There are many others out there.
Just make sure you size it correctly.

Also, it may be less cost to split up the lighting and use a lower cost dimmer.

Thank you!
Do you know any 0-10v Zwave wall dimmers?

I don't know of any. But you can use any dimmer that has "smart bulb mode" with the Zooz controller. Or a Lutron Pico. You'll need to do the programming in Hubitat using Button Controller.

I would place the 0-10v dimmer module with the Dimmer Pack, then use any switch that is capable of using scenes. @bill.d mentioned any dimmer with "Smart Bulb Mode". That would also work, however it really does not need to be a dimmer as you would be using the Dimmer Pack to provide that functionality.

Here is a breakdown of what I would do:

• Install the Dimmer Pack
  • Install the 0-10v dimmer module with the Dimmer Pack (in a box attached to or next to the Dimmer Pack)
  • Install a scene capable switch
  • Add both the switch and the dimmer module devices to Hubitat
  • Create a rule or other equivalent controls in Hubitat that allows the scene switch to manage the 0-10v dimmer module.
1 Like

I've ended using the Inovelli wall dimmer, so that the dimming level can easily be read using the status LED.
However, I post a new topic here about an issue I'm seeing with not being able to control the brightness from the Inovelli:

@jsprince3 thank for the suggestion on the dimmer pack. I've got that setup with the ZEN54—working well so far.

1 Like