Here we go again & again

Will try a soft reset now.
Thanks again.

Deletes everything. Re-downloads a new copy of the platform to the HE.

1 Like

Including the OS? Or is it just the platform that is re-downloaded after having had everything deleted?

I don't believe it replaces the underlying operating system, but I could be wrong. A FULL reset also wipes the Zigbee and Z-Wave radios clean, requiring every device to have to be paired again with the hub.

1 Like

Just the platform.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely don't want to be doing that...

1 Like

Correct.

However, a "factory recovery" does not. I did it recently (accidentally).

1 Like

Life is nothing without that excited yet strangely sick feeling in the stomach. Like asking your first crush out on a date. Or an important appointment with your boss' boss. Or waiting for a Hubitat soft reset to successfully complete.

3 Likes

It's taking a heck of a time. How slow is this device? How huge is my database? How high is the moon?

That does sound like when it comes to what can affect DB corruption, there is no actual difference to a soft reset.

The reason I asked is because I was recently in a talk about proper recovery of embedded Linux platforms, and the conclusion was that restoring the whole OS is the recommended way.

1 Like

Answers:
Slow, very slow.
Huuuuuge. 103Mb to be precise.
1940, Morgan Lewis and Nancy Hamilton.

That is enormous, what do you have in there? I have a 10mb DB in my main hub with about 120 devices and all my Apps and Drivers.

1 Like

Mine is about 15MB with about 170 devices.

Heaven only knows.
I think my hub should become a case study...

Maybe that explains why my lights uniformly take seconds to activate and sometimes several tens of seconds.

Try to sign up for the beta, there's been some leaks about an alternative DB being used.

One of mine is ~11 MB with 90 devices. The other is ~10 MB with 150 devices.

yeah, but you have no rules in HE so its hardly a comparison. Maybe if I dumped all my rules to NR I'd also have a hub that works.

Worked for me. :wink:

2 Likes

True - it was 16-39 MB before on my Rule Machine HE.