Here we go again & again

Hopefully not too far off topic, did this come from Smartthings? (and did it work?)

Yeah, it may be time for me to get some Amazon gear. I really don't want to because I'm invested quite heavily in the Google ecosystem. But maybe one device for TTS in the kitchen would be worth it.

Yep, agreed. It was clear from what Bobby told me that he had visibility of additional log(s) that we don't see. I have to say it's frustrating if Chromecast has these issues, yet they don't all get exposed out as errors to the user so that we can see what's going on and take action accordingly.

2 Likes

Not sure how this all works, but if Chromcast goes through the Hubitat server for cloud access, maybe what he sees that we can't is his server.

Ah yeah, could be. That also makes sense because he was saying my Cloud server was getting stuck because I was accessing several dashboard via the cloud. So maybe they need a bigger server :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No it doesn't. It uses the Cast function built into the Google speakers which is 100% local. The only part that uses the cloud is the part to generate the MP3 file, which is done through Amazon Poly, not Google.

1 Like

So my next off topic question is: since it's set up and all I use is a mini for announcements, can I remove the Beta app?

No, it was Hubitat’s Chromecast integration, which is still in Beta.

1 Like

If you want a reliable TTS device that is natively supported, works well, sounds good, and is relatively inexpensive, why not pick up an IKEA Symfonisk speaker. It is really a Sonos speaker being sold by IKEA.

1 Like

No, it will remove the speaker if you do. The app is required to continue communicating with the speaker. The only options to use Google speakers as TTS devices other than the Chromecast beta app all require an outside server to be running 24/7 to run a NoedeJS application. I know that isn't what you want to hear but that's the reality. If that's a problem then I would go with Sonos as @ogiewon described.

2 Likes

It's actually a little bit backwards. What you see that I don't, in the error log, are the debug lines from apps and devices, which can overwrite the errors within minutes. The size of the files are the same, the error log is just stripped down to only errors that hit the platform. In rare occasions if we find platform errors that are not posted in Logs, engineers will add them immediately. In the past few months, I have not seen any errors that were not also posted in Logs. It is important to turn off the non-critical debug lines, like rule actions, when not actively troubleshooting, so that errors are more visible.

6 Likes

Agree. Sadly IKEA don't do much IoT gear where I am :sob: Actually I have 2 Sonos speakers I can use but they aren't located where I want most of my TTS.

That would be a great addition to HE, if we could see the same log with just the bad stuff. Would open a lot of eyes to the problem some may be having.

2 Likes

And life goes on...

Error 500

HTTP ERROR 500
Problem accessing /hub/reboot. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:
java.sql.SQLException: An SQLException was provoked by the following failure: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: A ResourcePool cannot acquire a new resource -- the factory or source appears to be down.
at com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:118)
at com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:77)
at com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:74)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:694)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:140)
at groovy.sql.Sql$36.run(Sql.java:4186)
at groovy.sql.Sql$36.run(Sql.java:4184)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at groovy.sql.Sql.createConnection(Sql.java:4184)
at groovy.sql.Sql$AbstractQueryCommand.execute(Sql.java:4593)
at groovy.sql.Sql.rows(Sql.java:1715)
at groovy.sql.Sql.rows(Sql.java:1633)
at groovy.sql.Sql.firstRow(Sql.java:2140)
at groovy.sql.Sql$firstRow$20.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:113)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:125)
at com.hubitat.hub.dao.InstalledAppDao.getDashboardMenu(InstalledAppDao.groovy:805)
at com.hubitat.hub.dao.InstalledAppDao$getDashboardMenu$14.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:48)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:113)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:117)
at com.hubitat.hub.route.BaseRoute.render(BaseRoute.groovy:47)
at com.hubitat.hub.route.BaseRoute$render.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:133)
at com.hubitat.hub.route.JettyErrorHandler.writeErrorPage(JettyErrorHandler.groovy:17)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.handleErrorPage(ErrorHandler.java:260)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.generateAcceptableResponse(ErrorHandler.java:250)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.generateAcceptableResponse(ErrorHandler.java:170)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.doError(ErrorHandler.java:142)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.handle(ErrorHandler.java:78)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Response.sendError(Response.java:655)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Response.sendError(Response.java:590)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Default404Servlet.doGet(ServletHandler.java:1791)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:841)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1650)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server.WebSocketUpgradeFilter.doFilter(WebSocketUpgradeFilter.java:206)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1637)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:533)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:188)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1595)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:188)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1253)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:168)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:473)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1564)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1155)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:61)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:564)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:317)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:279)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:110)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:124)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:591)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: A ResourcePool cannot acquire a new resource -- the factory or source appears to be down.
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAvailable(BasicResourcePool.java:1467)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.prelimCheckoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:644)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:554)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutAndMarkConnectionInUse(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:758)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:685)
... 60 more
Caused by:
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: A ResourcePool cannot acquire a new resource -- the factory or source appears to be down.
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAvailable(BasicResourcePool.java:1467)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.prelimCheckoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:644)
at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResourcePool.java:554)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutAndMarkConnectionInUse(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:758)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:685)
at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(AbstractPoolBackedDataSource.java:140)
at groovy.sql.Sql$36.run(Sql.java:4186)
at groovy.sql.Sql$36.run(Sql.java:4184)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at groovy.sql.Sql.createConnection(Sql.java:4184)
at groovy.sql.Sql$AbstractQueryCommand.execute(Sql.java:4593)
at groovy.sql.Sql.rows(Sql.java:1715)
at groovy.sql.Sql.rows(Sql.java:1633)
at groovy.sql.Sql.firstRow(Sql.java:2140)
at groovy.sql.Sql$firstRow$20.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:125)
at com.hubitat.hub.dao.InstalledAppDao.getDashboardMenu(InstalledAppDao.groovy:805)
at com.hubitat.hub.dao.InstalledAppDao$getDashboardMenu$14.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:117)
at com.hubitat.hub.route.BaseRoute.render(BaseRoute.groovy:47)
at com.hubitat.hub.route.BaseRoute$render.call(Unknown Source)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:133)
at com.hubitat.hub.route.JettyErrorHandler.writeErrorPage(JettyErrorHandler.groovy:17)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.handleErrorPage(ErrorHandler.java:260)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.generateAcceptableResponse(ErrorHandler.java:250)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.generateAcceptableResponse(ErrorHandler.java:170)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.doError(ErrorHandler.java:142)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ErrorHandler.handle(ErrorHandler.java:78)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Response.sendError(Response.java:655)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Response.sendError(Response.java:590)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Default404Servlet.doGet(ServletHandler.java:1791)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:687)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:841)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1650)
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.server.WebSocketUpgradeFilter.doFilter(WebSocketUpgradeFilter.java:206)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1637)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:533)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1595)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1253)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:168)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:473)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1564)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1155)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:61)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:564)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:317)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:279)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:110)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:124)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:591)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)