Help with Tuya presence Sensor

I'm using a Tuya 4-1 Presence Sensor. Using RM it works well. I'd like for it to work only if the light switch was turned on manually. So the light doesn't turn on every time I walk through the room.

1 Like

So you just want to use it to turn off the light?

No, I would like the sensor working only if I first turn on the light switch. If I don't manually turn on the switch the sensor is off. When I turn on the switch the the sensor works. If I manually turn off the switch the sensor is off, not working.
Switch=ON SENSOR FUNCTIONS
Switch=OFF SENSOR NON FUNCTIONAL

You can't really turn the sensor off. You can choose to just not use it when the light is off, but then I'd question why have a presence sensor in the first place?

The one you linked is not a 4-in-1. It has a mmWave radar for presence and a lux sensor. The lux sensor is not that great and the hole for it in the case is too small.

Thanks I'll leave it the way it is.

What type of switch it is?

Does it report ‘physical’ and ‘digital’ if you look at the device web page Events?

physical switch. I just updated the driver on HPM, The Tuya 4,1 and now it turn on is delayed and it won't turn off

I don't get it ... is this a physical switch that simply cuts off the power to the bulbs?

Please post the State Variables and the Device Details - Data section of your device, if it is not working after the update.

Maybe the device settings changed. Do you have the correct settings on hand?

You can click on the Initialize button, this will load device defaults.
You should not have a humidity attribute, probably this driver was not installed when you first paired the radar?

You can adjust the maximumDistance paramer - 8 meters is too far.. You can also decrease the sensitivity from 7 to 6, if the radar still doesn't switch to motion inactive. Are there any moving objects in the radar field - such as rotating fans, moving curtains, etc.. ?

Ok, got it up and running again. I had to exclude/include. But now there's a delay. About 30 seconds to turn on. How to I adjust this?

My radars detect the motion almost instantly…

Make a screenshot of the Device Details - Data section, where the ‘manufacturer’ value is shown.

Should look like this :

Well, this is another new model ... _TZE204_sxm7l9xa

It should NOT be recognized as "TS0601_TUYA_RADAR"

Click on the Initialize button, then refresh the device page (F5 in a PC browser, or if using a mobile - exit and enter the device page again).

You should see this :

Ok, refresh and now have the correct driver profile. I did it from my mobile phone.. I'll check it and let you know
Thanks

1 Like

You could do what you are attempting to accomplish only if you have a switch that can report its state without being physically connected to the light. So you would also need either smart bulbs (not physically connected to the switch of course) or a radio controlled dimmer or relay that is independent from the switch. Some Z-Wave light switches can be set to act as independent button controllers, while still remaining available to control the light via a hub, but to my knowledge this isn't a common feature.

1 Like

Thanks, I'll just leave it. There's still a delay. I'm going to reboot the hub and router.

When you have some time later, let's make one more test. I don't have this particular sensor, so I can't test it.

I have a doubt, that two of the parameters may be swapped - and this is exactly what can affect the activation and the deactivation times :

You can try configuring the parameters this way:

• Detection delay - set it to 0.3 ( if swapped, it will actually configure the fading/deactication time to 30 seconds)
  • Fading time - set it to 2.0 (if swapped, it will actually set the activation delay to 0.2 seconds).

If the radar activates quickly with these settings - this means the parameters are swapped in the driver code, and I will correct it.

I couldn't stop the on delay and the lights would not turn off when you left the room. So I restored a previous backup with the old driver and it's now working again. I added a between time function so it activates at certain times of the day. That should take care of the previous rule I was looking to use.

It seems between time is not working. I'm I doing something wrong?