Help with rule to rearm HSM

Ok I need help with setting up a rule for HSM, I have HSM set to arm in night mode every night at 9:30 pm, but my problem is our son likes to leave out after the system is armed and when he come back into the house he forgets to rearm the system. So what I am trying to do is have a rule that checks on a 15 minute interval between 9pm at night and 5:45 am in the morning that HSM is in night mode and if it isn’t to arm it. Ant help is greatly appreciated in advance

You don't need a rule that fires every 15 minutes. Just trigger off of HSM status becomes disarmed (which should fire when he comes home).

This will always rearm HSM 15 minutes after it has been disarmed, even if it has been armed and disarmed again in between. So, this is what could happen.

Time      State
0         Disarm HSM
4         Rearm HSM
12        Disarm HSM manually again
15        HSM REARMS automatically because of the rule you have.   This is happening a full 12 minutes early.

So, I would recommend a couple small changes to the rule.

Trigger:  HSM state CHANGES

Action:

If HSM Disarmed and time is between the times you specify
       Delay actions by 15 mins cancelable
       Arm Night
Else
      Cancel delayed actions
End-IF
2 Likes

Thx core and Ryan much appreciated, I’ve been fiddling with rule machine and I couldn’t figure the correct way to do the rule thx again for the assist.

1 Like

So if I wanted to add some additional logic to this, would I just do it after the “HSM Disarmed AND”? For instance I’d want to check to make sure mode is in “sleep” and all doors are locked. I’ve never understood what determines if the action gets cancelled; is it if any item in the if statement has changed?

What? Your question doesn't make any sense to me. What are you trying to do? What "logic" are you trying to add? By definition, conditions have to come BEFORE the action...not after it. So, are you trying to put another condition or another action in the rule? What condition/action are you trying to add?

Trigger: HSM state CHANGES

Action: If HSM Disarmed and Mode is Sleep and BackDoor is Locked
        Delay actions by 15 mins cancelable
        Arm Night
Else
        Cancel delayed actions
End-IF 

Sorry, I didn't ask it correctly. So my question is if I do the If statement above, what determines if the action gets cancelled? If BackDoor was locked but isn't after that if statement is evaluated, will it be cancelled, what about if it was in sleep mode but now isn't? Guess I'm just curious how we know which statement applies to the "cancelable" phrase.

Okay...so, that is a fundamental question about how Rule Machine works which I'm not going to go into detail about because there are PLENTY of posts explaining how cancels work. But in a nutshell, HSM would have to change status again (because you have to have a trigger) and the If part would have to be false. The exact same way all other rule machine rules work.