Help with rule creation

Hello Hubitat community,
I need help to understand if it is possible to create a rule machine automation for the following:
Powder room has a combined light/exhaust fan
Power room switch has a aeotec nano switch
Physical switch functions as a on/off switch no matter which position it is in, it will either turn off if on or on if off in either position.
Desired automation:
After 5sec of physical switch turning off light/fan (to avoid guest being confused why the light turns back on)
Turn fan/light back on for 1min (to allow fumes exhaust)
Then turn off (without re-triggering this rule)
Apologies I am still trying to Learn how best to use this rule machine potentials

I'm pretty sure the answer is "yes", but would like to confirm for certain... The Nano controls both the light & fan together, true? IOW, there's no way to control the light and fan independently?

If yes, I'd do this... I don't have any rules like this, but I think the key will using the "Physical Switch" option for the trigger (not plain "Switch" or "Digital Switch").

Trigger = (sw/ name) physical off and stays that way for 5 sec

(sw/ name) = on
(sw/ name) = off delayed 1 minute

Fan and light are one unit unfortunately, thanks I will give physical switch a try.
Edit
Thanks that works a treat!
I wasn’t aware the hub could differentiate between physical switch action and nano switch actions

1 Like

Good deal, glad it's working. Those options are designed for smart switches... Physical = the actual light switch toggle/paddle, digital = switch's smart element (Nano in your case), plain Switch = could be either one.