Help with RM, Action: Repetition stopped diagnostic log

I have a RM app (Lounge Security) that monitors my lounge lights (controlled by Room Lighting), if they both are switched off then the security light is switched on, if any one of them is switched on then the security light is switched off.

The lights in question are on switched outlets and would usually be operated as a pair.

I don't understand the log message Action: Repetition stopped, any help appreciated.

Thanks

Iā€™m with you on the logs - they donā€™t match the rule. Any chance they might be for another rule? What happens if you click on the App number on the left, does it bring this rule or another?

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked and the message is from LoungeSecurity app.

I just made a simple rule both with and without the Cancel pending actions in the Required Expression. When Cancel pending actions is selected I get the same Action: Repetition stopped when the RE becomes false. When not selected I get Event: null null null when the RE becomes false.

Thank you for looking and testing.

I have now removed my RE and tested the same condition within the actions and it now works ok.

Perhaps a bug, hopefully someone will review the post.

Thanks

Was your rule working properly before? Selecting "Cancel pending actions..." would cancel a repeat, and it's possible the log entry is just noting that fact (even if you don't have any).

On a related note, you don't have any repeats, delays, waits, or other actions that would ever really be "pending" in your case. Having this option on or off (I'd leave it off, as it is by default) shouldn't really matter either way for your rule's execution.

I didn't try the rule without "Cancel pending actions' so unable to say if it worked or not but I take your point about it not being of any use in the case of the actions used.

Thanks for the advice.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.