Help with Motion Lighting needed

So, I have 3 motions sensors and 5 hues bulbs in the basement. I want the lights to come on when it senses motion but not to turn off when my smart plug's (which the TV is connected to) power goes above whatever to indicate that the TV is on. I tried using Motion Lighting but the only option is to disable the rule if the switch (smart plug) is 'ON' but it is always on. I have to leave the plug on so that we can turn the TV on. Any suggestions?

like this?

When either power or motion go true, the light(s) comes on. When both are false, 4 mins later the light(s) goes off.

1 Like

Is this using Rule Machine?

Yes, Rule Machine

You can add additional Motion sensors, and just OR them. So if any ONE senses motion the lights come on/ remain on.

It depends on how you "define the Conditions" If you just pick a list of sensors in one condition, they automatically OR (any active). But you can select motion on condition 2 and then again on condition 4 and again on condition.... any number. When you define them individually you open the option for much more complicated logic, including parentheses.

You can also use a virtual switch to disable turning the motion lights off. You can then use a rule in rule machine to turn that virtual switch on or off. This is simpler if you have many situations where you'd want to turn motion light sensing on or off.

I have come back to revisit this as I am going to try to redo my pistons using RM. I will be trying this. Thanks! Expect lots of questions!:wink:

I've stopped using the Motion Lighting App alltogether at this point. I have almost all of my motion lighting automations moved over to Rule Machine from webCoRE. It was a bear and I had to use several rules in different scenarios but I finally got almost all of them working I think. Only time will tell.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.