Help with kwikset lock

I have just bought the elevation controller and converted my first home device to be able to control it from afar. It is a kwikset z-wave lock. I was able to pair it and see the device but am only able to open and close the lock on the device panel of the portal. I just get a ? on the dashboard. What app or controller do i use to be able to control it from my phone? I thought i was tech savvy but not with this. thanks for the help anyone.

What template / device type did you use when you setup the dashboard tile?

It should be of type "lock":

On a side note, I have to say that I had HORRIBLE experience with Kwikset zwave locks on Hubitat. I ended up swapping out the comm module in them for a zigbee comm module. Hopefully you have better luck with yours...

As a side note, I have a Kwikset Smartcode 888 (zwave plus), and I've had no issues with it.

unfortunately that does not do anything. on the dashboard i just get the question mark and when i tap the icon all it says is are you sure and i click it and nothing happens.

1 Like

are you using the generic driver? just paired mine and it won't communicate. Pairs fine and is correctly identified, but zero response or logs. And it's about 1 ft from the hub. Factory reset and excluded several times.
Any ideas, and is yours still working well?

So, I have the Kwikset deadbolt and locking door handle. Both of them configured as "Generic Z-wave Lock" and they work pretty much perfectly. I have buttons in dashboard that work fine, and they even integrated with Alexa without issue. I have a smartcode 914 and a 912.

I had the older non plus versions on the last house with SmartThings, and they never worked right. They also ate batteries like crazy, and they never reported their battery charge accurately. Sometimes I would only get 2 weeks on a set. But these have been in for about a month now, with no problems, and the batteries still look like they have a lot of juice if the reporting and driver section of Hubitat are to be believed.

Yes, Mine is working well, with no issues.
I think that part of the reason that it is working well is:

1. when I originally paired it, I moved my hub to within 3-5 feet of it. It appeared to take an extra few seconds to exchange data with the hub.
  2. Right beside the lock (within 2 feet), I have a Leviton zwave plus switch, which I believe is capable of beaming. I think that the switch "forwards on" key messages from the Hub.
    I have the Kwikset Smartcode 888, zwave plus, using the Generic Zwave Lock:

I have 2 of the Kwikset z-wave plus locks and they are not really reliable so I ended up using this awesome reliable lock apps to solve my issue with lock/unlock status and dashboard control.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.