Help with generic temp/moisture device

Part n/m EN00106001
FFC id 2APRCEN01

To add this and several other devices came in a package from a company "Presence" as part of a pilot from a electric company BGE. The pilot kit provided ZERO documentation, other then plug in their hub and hit the pair button.

I'm trying to get these to work with hubitat, Googling the pn number brings up some FCC images but nothing else. (and don't understand enough of that to determine the protocol)

Any ideas? or next places to go? Or am I SOL ?

I don't have any help for you but I'm interested so I'll be following this topic.

Welcome to the Hubitat community!

Bluetooth. They won't work with Hubitat.

https://fccid.io/2APRCEN01

1 Like

Thanks oh well.

It weird because the user manual attached lists it as a Zigbee device.

Edit: I think I answered my own confusion, it is using some different variation of the IEEE 802.15.4 protocol not ZigBee

I could be wrong, but if you look at that link it clearly shows the Bluetooth symbol in the first box labeled Frequency (under blue header).

the FCC.id link DOES show it as bluetooth. But the documentation on the same link all lists it as a IEEE 802.15.4 /Green Power Protocol

which googling says is a variant of the ZigBee

I don't think Green Power Zigbee is supported on Hubitat at this time. So either way, I think you are out of luck trying to directly pair it.

Is this company on IFTTT? Maybe there is another way to tie these to Hubitat?

Your correct, I wasn't trying to be obstinate just trying learn/understand :slight_smile:

Hopefully they'll support green power protocol someday!

As far as IFTTT it doesn't look like PresencePro supports it (or any connections) sigh. oh well

Don't give up, at least not until @iharyadi has his creation available: Homemade Environment Sensor + Bluetooth little brother. Here are new possibilities

I didn't take it that way.

These cheap no-name sensors leave something to be desired in their documentation. They are either confused about what they are building, or someone filled out the (Official Govt. Forms of all things!) wrong.

yeah I've noticed that.

The confidentiality letter I saw had "Corporate legal person" listed as their "corporate title" lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.