Help with error log

The app has been functioning correctly for some time but now an error log has presented.

Any help diagnosing/correcting would be appreciated.

Not sure what causes the error, so I'm tagging @bravenel

However, I think there is a logic error in your rule. The third conditional statement is already met by the second, so I think it will never be reached.

Your StudyMin is set to 17.35 I assume a global variable, and is set as a number (BigDecimal).
Somewhere in there you are trying to use the variable as a string, or at least RM is trying to.
The error is saying something is trying to do a String operation but the argument of 17.35 sent is a type BigDecimal so it doesn't know what to do with it.

3 Likes

Do you have any other conditions defined in the rule or required expressions?

Hi All

Thanks for the replies.

I think that the problem is that my hub variable has changed from a connector variable to a motion sensor. I certainly don't think that I did that, certainly not intentionally. I will try to correct its type back using the device editor, which worked.

Was this a database corruption?

Thanks all

Thanks for the reply.

I probably have misunderstood something about RM. Are not all the conditions processed in the app even if one condition has been met.

Thanks

To be honest, I don’t know. My recollection is that the first condition met will be used.

Because you used 3 separate if statements they should all get evaluated even if one gets met it will keep going and evaluate the rest as well.

@aaiyar your statement would be correct only if he used if / else if

1 Like

Not addressing your error but...
Will this rule trigger twice if StudyTemp is > 23? I would eliminate the > MaxTempThreshold trigger and just use your conditional logic to send the notification.

Is StudyMin a decimal Hub Variable? If not, what is it?

It was a decimal hub variable but its type had 'changed' into Motion Sensor. Really not sure how that could have happened but it explains the error, changing the type back to 'connector variable' sorted it.

Thanks for the support

You don't need to use connectors at all.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.