Well, this apparently turns out to be one of those things aren't what they seem.
I went into ST and made sure I didn't have any devices selected to go to Echo. Then went to the Echo app on my phone and deleted the ST devices. Then went into HE app and added the devices in the Echo Skill app. Went back to Alexa app on my phone and the devices were there. For some reason the ST devices showed back up and I just assumed they were HE's. And the 1 routine I tested was a device that I hadn't gotten ported over to HE yet and didn't realize it.
Tried deleting the ST devices again, they just wouldn't go away. Tried going on the Web Browser interface to Echo and did some forgets. But they still keep coming back. Getting real strange.
So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.... I guess I need to delete the ST skill all together and see if that works.