Help with a rule

Hi

I have a rule which switches on a towel rail for x elapsed time at at s specific time of day or when a virtual switch is on.

I would like to change this so that if the manual switch is turned off the rule will immediately switch off the towel rail.

Best way to do this please.

Thanks

I started to write out updates to the rule to be triggered off a change in the TowelMan switch and put conditional actions, but I'm not sure that will work the way you need it to, hopefully someone else can come up with a way to keep this in the same rule.

The best I can offer is to leave the rule the way it is and setup a second rule triggered by the TowelMan turning off, resulting in actions to cancel any actions from the rule you have above (I'm pretty sure that is possible...), and turning the towel rail off.

Simon

Thanks for the reply. I will try that option pending other replies.

Is it possible to access what I would call 'timers' in RM as they are counting down, for viewing on a dashboard say.

Thanks

I can't claim much experience in that myself, but I did play with Bryan's Kitchen timer app. In searching for it, I found another timer app that he created that may be what you are after:

Here's the Kitchen Timer in case you are interested:

That's great thanks.

1 Like

Might even help out with your other post about datetime variables... 2 for 1 :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.