Help with a rule for the Bathroom Light & Fan

Hi All,

I seem to be having a brain fart when it come to this and it's bugging the heck out of me.

In my bathroom, i have a fibaro dimmer controlling the lights (via wall switch) and a fibaro switch controlling the fan (there's also a ST motion sensor in there) and i'm having a bit of difficulty sorting a rule to do exactly what i want.

I thought it was all working fine, but last night i realised it isn't.

Basically between 05:30 and 20:00, i want the fan to go on & off with the light (via the wall switch) no motion controll during this time.

Between 20:00 and 05:30, i don't want the fan on at all. Even if the light is on and it rolls round to 20:00 i want the light to stay on (till switched off at the wall) and the fan to turn off.

Once my night mode kicks in (normally) around midnight till 05:30. I want the light to be on motion for 2 mins (per motion event) at a dim level of 5%.

Can any one point me in the right direction?

I really don't know if this will point you in the right direction or just give you some ideas, but here is mine.
May help may not or if your like me br even more confused. :slight_smile: :wink:

Cheers Bobbles,

I think it's helped, below is what i have managed to cobble together.

hopefully it works.

1 Like

Do you turn on the fan when you have a brain fart?

Well obviously, how else do you clear the fumes? lol

1 Like

well it didn't work.

Can someone look at this and tell me if it'll work the way i want it to please.

Which part didn't work.
Not turning on?
Not turning off?

on the original one, it turned the light (and fan) off after 2 mins, regardless of which mode it's in.

i only want it to turn the light off in night mode, if there's no motion.

do you think the changes will work they way i want it to?

In your original one you didn't have anything to cancel the delayed actions which is probably why it turned off regardless.
I think I would try the following.
Cancel Delayed Actions(at the bottom of the above.

Then follow this with
ELSE-IF
Bathroom Motion Sensor Inactive
THEN
Off: Bathroom Light - 2:minute delay cancel
END-IF

Duplicate the rule you have and then pause it.
Then modify the copied rule as I've suggested.
I always struggle until I see it all written down.

1 Like

Cheers, I'll give that a try.