Help to run rule at start/end of DST

I'd like to run a rule the day DST starts (2nd Sunday Nov), and again when it ends (first Sunday Nov), annually. Obviously the DST dates change each year so I can't use a simple fixed date setting.

Not sure how to create the DST start and DST end triggers. :slight_smile:

You should be able to use the periodic schedule in RM. It will let you pick 2nd Sunday November, etc. I use it to change the color of my outside lights depending on the holiday.

1 Like

Thanks.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, but don't see that option (e.g., choose 2nd Sunday in a month, annually):

2024-03-20 15_07_47-C8, C7, Hubs

I was able to get this

You're finding that under Triggers?

When I select Periodic Schedule/Yearly:

Yes, under Triggers. Skip the first option to select "In the month of" and go straight for "In the week of month"

2 Likes

Thanks...I was missing the unexpected behavior that skipping the Month option and choosing the week of the month first results in a different set of choices than choosing Month first:

2024-03-20 16_22_57-C8, C7, Hubs

Choosing Month first:

Skipping Month and choosing the In the Week of the Monty option first:

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you still using my GCal Search app? Know you are using the Gmail notification but you can easily setup a calendar search trigger against the Holidays in the US calendar and it will trigger.

2 Likes

Oooo...didn't think of that. Thanks for another rabbit hole to burrow down. :wink:

1 Like