Looking for help with ZigBee not working well with recurring power outages

Hello team.

I have a serious problem here with my zigbee network and after read thousands of post regarding network issues I decided to expose it here asking for your help:

• I have a C7 hub updated to the latest firmware.
  • I only have zigbee devices, I don't think they will exceed 50 units.
  • I suffer from several power outages a day and to deal with them I use an inverter charger that automatically switches the power supply for its sinusoidal inverter (I use it in APL mode, I cannot use it in UPS mode because I have some motors and pumps connected and the manual specifies not to use it in UPS mode with this type of load).

The problem is that every time there is a power outage, or when it comes back on, the zigbee network seems to be affected. This makes me think that some devices, despite the short 20ms that the power supply transfer lasts, are restarting and therefore taking a long time to reconnect to the zigbee network.

The solution that I have found so far, BUT THAT I DON'T LIKE, is to reboot the hub every time the power goes out or comes on (using the Rebooter app).

Even so, some devices remain in a state like "lost" because they do not reflect their real state in the hub and therefore in my dashboard they appear to be in a state when in reality they are not. Sometimes hours go by until I have to "wake them up" as is the case with some GE switches where I have to turn them on and off manually.

This even affects the performance of important rules because, for example, when the power goes out, I automatically turn off many lights and equipment to save electricity and therefore batteries, however because of this it often does not work, the same does not It turns off some devices and does not turn on others, it is frustrating.

The interesting thing is that blackouts are not something new here, but this behavior of the hub is because before everything responded much faster locally, today I feel a lag every time I activate something. Before, only TRADFI outlets behaved like this (lost connection), now it seems that the evil has spread to other devices.

Any ideas how to deal with this?

Here is my route table during a blackout (right now):

Child Data:

[Sensor de Movimiento de la Sala, 1E8A, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry

[Luz del Portal, 40B3], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1], LQI:255, age:6, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Unknown, 4C0E], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces de la Oficina, 4EE5], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces de la Cocina, 5733], LQI:251, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Bomba de la Entrada, 6199], LQI:10, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Luces de la Sala, 7372], LQI:220, age:7, inCost:5, outCost:0 (this one for instance is showing on when is off actually right now)
[Luces del Garaje, 8104], LQI:252, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces del BaƃĀ±o Chiquito, 9F00], LQI:253, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces de colores de la cocina, B0D5], LQI:22, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Luces del Pasillo, C084], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Ventilador del Garaje, D732], LQI:97, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Velas, D785], LQI:253, age:5, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Luces del Jardin, D95F], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces del Mueble, E35C], LQI:254, age:5, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Amperimetro General, FC48], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry

status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Negro, 5682] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Pasillo, C084] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Gris, 0161] via [Luces de la Oficina, 4EE5]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Bomba de la Entrada, 6199] via [Unknown, 4C0E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Ventilador de la Cocina, 5515] via [Amperimetro General, FC48]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Luces del Garaje, 8104] via [Luces del Pasillo, C084]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Amperimetro General, FC48] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Presurizador del Garaje, 554C] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces de la Cocina, 5733] via [Velas, D785]
status:Unused, age:null, routeRecordState:null, concentratorType:null, [Unknown, null] via [Unknown, null]
status:Unused, age:null, routeRecordState:null, concentratorType:null, [Unknown, null] via [Unknown, null]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Luces del Jardin, D95F] via [Luces del Pasillo, C084]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luz del Portal, 40B3] via [Luces del Pasillo, C084]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Luces de la Oficina, 4EE5] via [Luces del Pasillo, C084]

Have you compared the neighbor table to what it shows when your hub and devices are operating properly? If all of the neighbor routers are showing zero for outCost and they always show zeros (you may need to refresh the page to see the latest figures as the table is not static) that means that none of the routers have reported their status in several 15 second intervals so they are considered unavailable for routing.

Don't focus just on LQI numbers because that is a figure of merit for the hub's reception; essentially it's telling you that it's receiving a signal with no information about how well the neighbor routers are receiving the signals from the hub.

Also depending on the hub type those LQI numbers may not be very granular, prior to the c8 most got lumped into the 255 category.

The hub will not try to route through a neighbor that is not indicating that it is receiving its transmissions; outCost =0 is such an indication.

The outCost number can be thought of the LQI measured at each router's receiver mapped into a figure of merit from 1 to 7 where one indicates strong reception of the hubs transmissions. Zero is displayed when the remote routers haven't provided any status at all to the hub to indicate their reception quality.

It's not uncommon for one one or more neighbors to show this, especially if they are marginally in range of the hub... however if all of them do all the time of the time then there are no neighbor routers eligible to pass on messages from the hub, and there may be gaps and dead spots in the mesh...

@aldomekin2021 You could try this app ..
When I reboot or need to "fix" my zigbee network I use this ..
it goes out and finds the devices and makes a map .. when it does this it seems to fix stuff.
Not sure why but it seems to work in my case anyways might be worth a shot.
When it does this it makes a web page and you can use that link on the web page to create a shortcut and run it anytime you want without technically logging in to habitat give it a shot.

Edit .. And / Or what tomg suggests :slight_smile:

Even a 20ms power interruption is enough to corrupt the database.

This is what several the users here have.

Just recently we experienced a brief power outage. Hubitat was not affected because this UPS kept the hub powered. I have not tested to see how long the UPS would keep the hub powered.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses I got so far guys...

@Tony: Thanks, But how to fix it? that is my main goal.

@WarlockWeary: I used that app in the past but as the HE adopted on the zigbee setting menu under the "View device graph" I deleted as it was no sense to me to have it duplicated. To tell you the truth maybe I am wrong but after the introduction of this option on the HE I think my network start to face issues.. but again.. maybe I'm wrong... I just know my network worked flawlessly until some updates before.

@TomG, my bad, I didn't explained properly.. I have this inverter charger but the HE is indeed connected to an UPS who is at the same time connected to the main charger inverter and when the electricity fail the HE never got affected.... but the devices acting as repeaters I think are the problem.. they are only connected to the inverter charger and probably get affected by those 20ms.

As I mentioned, what makes me think as crazy is WHY on the past my hub was working great and now after several updates it started to perform worst... again.. I did not installed nothing extra or added any new customs app....

Is there any way to "debug" if I have a device(s) giving me those troubles or what else? as I could see the problem stays on the zigbee network.... now several hours later I tried the same device I mentioned as an example and it is working but there is an abnormal lag between the commands I send using the main device menu and the execution of it.
Check this I made for you to understand (animated gif as I can't upload videos here):
ezgif-1-b78e5c75b4

Now I have electricity and the route table is:

Child Data:

Neighbor Table Entry

[Luz del Portal, 40B3], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces del Cuarto Negro, 5682], LQI:248, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces de la Cocina, 5733], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Bomba de la Entrada, 6199], LQI:178, age:3, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Luces de la Sala, 7372], LQI:249, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces del Garaje, 8104], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Ventiladores de Atras, 98B5], LQI:114, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Luces del BaƃĀ±o Chiquito, 9F00], LQI:252, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces de colores de la cocina, B0D5], LQI:217, age:7, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Luces del Pasillo, C084], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Microwave, CB58], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Ventilador del Garaje, D732], LQI:98, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Velas, D785], LQI:253, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces del Mueble, E35C], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry

status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Negro, 5682] via [Luces del Cuarto Negro, 5682]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Pasillo, C084] via [Luz del Portal, 40B3]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Bomba de la Entrada, 6199] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces de la Cocina, 5733] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luz del Portal, 40B3] via [Luces del Pasillo, C084]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Gris, 0161] via [Luces de la Sala, 7372]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Luces del BaƃĀ±o Chiquito, 9F00] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Presurizador del Garaje, 554C] via [Luces del Pasillo, C084]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Microwave, CB58] via [Luces de la Cocina, 5733]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Sensor de Movimiento del Garaje, D6BC] via [Luces del Pasillo, C084]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Boton Sala, 05EE] via [Luces del Pasillo, C084]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Luces del Jardin, D95F] via [Velas, D785]

Could it be the power outage caused your router to reboot and when it did it changed the 2.4gHz WiFi channel to one that interferes with your Zigbee?
What are your Wifi & Zigbee channels?

I was thinking in that but i guess I read here in some place the normal wifi do not affect the zigbee network.. is that correct?

Anyway I have the zigbee on the default channel 20(0x14) and my router wifi in chanel 1.

Another clue is I purchased a security system, the Eufy E330, who is wifi as well but no idea what channel it use

Maybe I misunderstood; I assumed you were able to restore your network to a functional state when power had come back; I wanted to see what the neighbor table looks like in that state. The neighbor table you posted are showing that the hub has no functional bidirectional connections with any of its neighbors.

What if anything was functional at the time those screenshots were taken? I'd expect the lone end device that is a child of the hub to be working (sensor 1E8A), but that's about it.

If the neighbor table's routers always show outCost=0 for every neighbor, nothing connected to those neighbors (their child devices) will be capable of receiving routed messages.. likely the neighbor devices themselves won't be working properly either. That's why I asked what the neighbor table looks like when things are functional; to see which neighbors are carrying the routing load when things work (and to get an indication of how good their connections are to the hub from their outCost figures). If indeed that's what the neighbor table shows when things are functional I'm stumped.. those aren't valid indications for a functional mesh.

@Tony is complicated to know when all is working fine.. I guess never got all devices working properly from a long time ago.

Right now just to try I turned off my office lights (GE Switch) and it worked ok but when I tried to turn it back on it never worked, I had to turned on manually.

Note: I got electricity since yesterday night without interruption...so I guess is enough time to zigbee heal itself right?.. well it is not.... something is breaking it:

Here is my route table right now under those conditions (no office lights on it).

Child Data:

Neighbor Table Entry

[Luz del Portal, 40B3], LQI:255, age:1, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1], LQI:254, age:5, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces de la Cocina, 5733], LQI:255, age:6, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces de la Sala, 7372], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces del Garaje, 8104], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Ventiladores de Atras, 98B5], LQI:181, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Luces del BaƃĀ±o Chiquito, 9F00], LQI:246, age:5, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Luces de colores de la cocina, B0D5], LQI:55, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Ventilador del Garaje, D732], LQI:32, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Velas, D785], LQI:253, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces del Mueble, E35C], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry

status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Boton de la Cocina, 9FF6] via [Microwave, CB58]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Pasillo, C084] via [Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Microwave, CB58] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luz del Portal, 40B3] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces de la Cocina, 5733] via [Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Amperimetro General, FC48] via [Luz del Portal, 40B3]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Negro, 5682] via [Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Boton del Cuarto Azul, E39B] via [Amperimetro General, FC48]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Bomba de la Entrada, 6199] via [Luces de la Sala, 7372]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Luces del Garaje, 8104] via [Luces del Pasillo, C084]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Boton Sala, 05EE] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Gris, 0161] via [Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Luces de colores de la cocina, B0D5] via [Microwave, CB58]

and a few seconds later here is again:

Child Data:

Neighbor Table Entry

[Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E], LQI:253, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces de la Cocina, 5733], LQI:246, age:7, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Luces de la Sala, 7372], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Ventiladores de Atras, 98B5], LQI:198, age:4, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Luces del BaƃĀ±o Chiquito, 9F00], LQI:239, age:7, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Ventilador del Garaje, D732], LQI:37, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Velas, D785], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry

status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Boton de la Cocina, 9FF6] via [Microwave, CB58]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Pasillo, C084] via [Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Microwave, CB58] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luz del Portal, 40B3] via [Luz del Portal, 40B3]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces de la Cocina, 5733] via [Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Amperimetro General, FC48] via [Luces de la Oficina, 4EE5]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Negro, 5682] via [Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Bomba de la Entrada, 6199] via [Luces de la Sala, 7372]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Boton Sala, 05EE] via [Velas, D785]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Gris, 0161] via [Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1]

Note: It seems when I turned on manually I obligate them or trigger something make them to get connected again, but minutes later is the same problem (not working from HE menu):

Child Data:

Neighbor Table Entry

[Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E], LQI:248, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces de la Cocina, 5733], LQI:252, age:7, inCost:3, outCost:0
[Luces de la Sala, 7372], LQI:255, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0
[Ventiladores de Atras, 98B5], LQI:203, age:7, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Luces del BaƃĀ±o Chiquito, 9F00], LQI:242, age:7, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Ventilador del Garaje, D732], LQI:46, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Velas, D785], LQI:254, age:7, inCost:1, outCost:0

Route Table Entry

status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Boton del Garaje, EBDD] via [Amperimetro General, FC48]
status:In Discovery, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:High Ram, [Unknown, 0000] via [Amperimetro General, FC48]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luz del Portal, 40B3] via [Luz del Portal, 40B3]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Amperimetro General, FC48] via [Luces de la Oficina, 4EE5]

and later it worked again.. is like something is causing a BIGGG LAG on the hub

might want to look at your logs ..
logs / device stats < click the counts and see if any of the devices have a very high count ?
I had a device that was freaking out and was flooding the system had a HUGE count.
I removed it and seemed to help a lot.

Just an FYI to an experience I had. I moved recently and was having issues. I dug in and chalked them up to interference. I changed my zigbee channel. IMHO it wasn't until the 3rd day that I felt everything was back humming along. I would think a channel change is a little more jarring to the system so to speak. But I think it can take some time for the mesh to "heal" depending on the setup. So, maybe not. Hard to say. But as Tony pointed out, an outcost of zero on all of your repeaters is certainly an issue.

1 Like

OK, that shows your mesh at this time has exactly one neighbor device that is currently reporting a connection with the hub that is currently capable of being used to repeat routed messages: Luz del Portal, 40B3

It's possible for a mesh to function in that state (depending on how good 40B3's connections are to the other routers-- there's not enough info to tell from just the Hub's neighbor table.... but note that if this device's connection is lost or degrades, that by itself might disable your mesh.. Is it possible to add a repeater nearby that might have a better connection to the hub?

Also:

[Luces del Cuarto Gris, 0161] via [Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1]

The above indicates that at one point other neighbor routers were also capable of routing messages, for example the 49E1 device -- there's evidence of that in one of the Route Table entries: namely:

status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Gris, 0161] via [Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1

... but just barely; it's neighbor table entry ([Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1], LQI:254, age:5, inCost:1, outCost:0) shows its struggling by the age counter having increased to 5 without having received a link status update... which should be happening every 15 seconds (it will count up from 2 when that happens): Hence the outCost=0 appears here.

Try to see if you can improve the connections to a few of these neighbors, possibly by relocating them nearer to the hub if they can be moved, or reducing obstructions or interference... If you can improve connections to a few of them (not all need to have good connections if you are getting adequate coverage) that might improve the stability of your mesh.

I had two devices with wrong IP address (I don't use them often) so I fix the IP and I reboot the HE. but those are not zigbee so unless they represent a load to the Hub I don't think they are the problem.

I will send you the logs after a while to see how they perform now....

The biggest count I saw there was around 9000. Is it a huge count?....any way you gave me another clue to check/debug.. thanks a lot!

After restart here is the device stats on the log (ordered by count):

Devices: 8m 6s / 2m 49s total (287.7%)
Count % busy State Size Total Events States Hub Actions Pending Events
TV LG 33 1.4 5,014 518 28 0 0
TV Cuarto Azul 29 0.2 1,425 200 35 0 0
Luces del BaƱo Chiquito 12 0.1 655 606 301 0 0
Bomba de la Entrada 8 0 436 154 15 0 0
Hay Corriente 6 0 213 100 48 0 0
Luces del Mueble 6 0 1,546 648 132 0 0
Amperimetro General 6 0 435 4 4 0 0
Cuarto Azul display 4 27.4 781 241 7 0 0
Onkyo 4 13.9 2,050 110 7 0 0
Luces del Cuarto Azul 4 0.1 423 317 168 0 0
Sensor de Movimiento del Garaje 4 0 743 244 214 0 0
Cocina 3 27.3 781 140 18 0 0
BaƱo 3 0 968 319 15 0 0
Presurizador del Garaje 3 0 420 127 2 0 0
Evening Scene 2 0.6 676 159 82 0 0
Luces TV Samsung 2 0.7 5,407 69 31 0 0
Luces del TV LG 2 0.7 5,395 62 28 0 0
Microwave 2 0.1 420 334 115 0 0
Away Scene 2 0 678 0 3 0 0
TV Time Scene 2 0 678 26 9 0 0
Siesta Scene 2 0 678 0 3 0 0
Luces del Jardin 2 0 174 258 24 0 0
Night Scene 2 0 678 152 59 0 0
Sleeping Time Scene 2 0 678 140 81 0 0
Day Scene 2 0 678 131 39 0 0
Apagon Scene 2 0 681 200 102 0 0
Planta Scene 2 0 681 202 103 0 0
SalĆ³n speaker 1 27.4 968 138 5 0 0
SalonLanNouncer 1 0 302 305 2 0 0
Lampara de Colores 1 0 1,532 444 140 0 0
Note20LanNouncer 1 0 242 304 2 0 0
Boton del Garaje 1 0 1,492 107 118 0 0
Luces del Pasillo 1 0 644 210 30 0 0
Temporizador del Microwave 1 0 170 208 15 0 0
Luces del Garaje 1 0 178 301 100 0 0
Luz del Patio 1 0 178 101 29 0 0
Luz del Portal 1 0 404 250 58 0 0
Luz de Navidad 1 0 175 171 15 0 0
Sensor de Movimiento del BaƱo Chiquito 0 0 741 245 217 0 0
Mensaje Bienvenida 0 0 167 20 24 0 0
Cargar Musica Aney 0 0 479 0 2 0 0
Luces del Garaje Automaticas 0 0 170 225 27 0 0
Sensor de Movimiento de la Sala 0 0 747 150 152 0 0
Sensor de Movimiento de la Cocina 0 0 737 246 217 0 0
Cuarto Gris 0 0 51 0 0 0 0
LG Mouse WebSocket Driver 0 0 162 0 0 0 0
MensajeTTS 0 0 204 59 4 0 0
Hablar 0 0 170 135 17 0 0
Sala Ocupada 0 0 737 400 400 0 0
LG Mouse WebSocket Driver 0 0 163 0 0 0 0
Temporizador de la Freidora 0 0 168 0 1 0 0
Luces de la Sala 0 0 666 528 209 0 0
Reiniciar HUBITAT 0 0 707 1 4 0 0
Switch Modo Dia 0 0 170 6 9 0 0
Boton del Cuarto Azul 0 0 1,492 124 131 0 0
Switch Modo Tarde 0 0 170 9 1 0 0
Reboot_Button 0 0 481 26 14 0 0
Switch Modo Noche 0 0 170 0 15 0 0
LG Mouse WebSocket Driver 0 0 4 0 0 0 0
Luces del Cuarto Negro 0 0 420 203 63 0 0
NEXT 0 0 479 0 2 0 0
Luces de la Cocina 0 0 421 300 101 0 0
Luces del Cuarto Gris 0 0 420 202 71 0 0
Note8 0 0 415 200 54 0 0
Salon 0 0 1,542 2 9 0 0
Boton Sala 0 0 1,492 140 146 0 0
Ventilador de la Cocina 0 0 176 300 40 0 0
Switch Modo TV 0 0 170 29 29 0 0
Switch Modo Siesta 0 0 168 0 2 0 0
Boton de la Cocina 0 0 1,478 305 225 0 0
Luces de la Cocina Automaticas 0 0 167 300 50 0 0
Cargar Musica Aldo 0 0 481 0 2 0 0
Luces del BaƱo Automaticas 0 0 167 300 50 0 0
Cuarto Negro 0 0 51 0 0 0 0
Luces del BaƱo Chiquito Automaticas 0 0 167 300 50 0 0
Luces de la Sala Automaticas 0 0 167 300 69 0 0
Luz del BaƱo 0 0 649 600 300 0 0
Switch Modo Fuera de Casa 0 0 169 0 1 0 0
Silenciar todo 0 0 169 0 1 0 0
Proximo Encendido de la Cafetera 0 0 170 0 1 0 0
Switch Modo Dormir 0 0 170 30 11 0 0
Cocina Entera 0 0 1,540 0 7 0 0
Simulador de Luces 0 0 169 0 1 0 0
Cuarto Azul 0 0 1,530 4 7 0 0
Luces de la Oficina 0 0 415 380 150 0 0
Sensor de Movimiento del BaƱo 0 0 741 245 180 0 0
CellAney 0 0 417 200 33 0 0
TV Samsung 0 0 176 152 4 0 0
Luces de colores de la cocina 0 0 1,910 560 114 0 0
Velas 0 0 178 300 52 0 0
Repeater 0 0 4 0 0 0 0
Ventiladores de Atras 0 0 178 101 1 0 0
Detector de Agua 0 0 722 0 3 0 0
Parar Apagado de Luces 0 0 170 35 21 0 0
Momentary Switch Test 0 0 4 0 0 0 0
Ventilador del Garaje 0 0 195 118 9 0 0

@Tony: I will do that.....my main doubt is wifi is getting affected by other routers near.
My home is not that big to lose signal among the repeaters but anyway.. I think too is a problem of interference.

I will make the move and I will come back with the results.

Thanks for your time on this Tony.

1 Like

Ok, I moved the HE to two positions and in both of them the network worked much better. So I end thinking the problem is interferences......

Here is my route table after the change of position:

• Some devices have a lower LQI now but still working... that will not be the final position for sure... but one thing I learned with this, is better to put HE far from other routers and magnetic fields like big TVs or switches.

Child Data:

No children

Neighbor Table Entry

[TV Samsung, 0273], LQI:253, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Luz del Portal, 40B3], LQI:253, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:5
[Luz del BaƃĀ±o, 49E1], LQI:244, age:3, inCost:5, outCost:7
[Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Luces de la Oficina, 4EE5], LQI:230, age:6, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Luces del Cuarto Negro, 5682], LQI:244, age:3, inCost:5, outCost:7
[Bomba de la Entrada, 6199], LQI:221, age:3, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Luces de la Sala, 7372], LQI:254, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Luces del BaƃĀ±o Chiquito, 9F00], LQI:212, age:6, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Luces de la Cocina, A77E], LQI:221, age:6, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Cafetera, AE21], LQI:211, age:7, inCost:5, outCost:0
[Luces del Pasillo, C084], LQI:253, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Microwave, CB58], LQI:22, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0
[Velas, D785], LQI:253, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Luces del Jardin, D95F], LQI:253, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:7
[Luces del Mueble, E35C], LQI:66, age:7, inCost:7, outCost:0

Route Table Entry

status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E] via [Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces de la Cocina, A77E] via [Luces de la Sala, 7372]
status:Active, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Negro, 5682] via [Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Pasillo, C084] via [Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luces del Cuarto Gris, 0161] via [Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Luz del Portal, 40B3] via [TV Samsung, 0273]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Sensor de Movimiento de la Cocina, 2BED] via [Luces de la Sala, 7372]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Bomba de la Entrada, 6199] via [TV Samsung, 0273]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Presurizador del Garaje, 554C] via [Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Boton del Garaje, EBDD] via [TV Samsung, 0273]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Ventilador del Garaje, D732] via [TV Samsung, 0273]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Ventilador de la Cocina, 5515] via [Luces del Cuarto Azul, 4C0E]

THANKS A LOT TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP ON THIS!! :muscle:

Adding repeaters will really help here. We live in a 1100 sq ft home and I ended up with at least one repeater in each room and still have some devices on the edge of the mesh that work, but the connection isn't 100% solid. It's not only the size of the home but also the construction and what's in it that makes a difference.

2 Likes

Whatever changes you made resulted in significant improvement; it's apparent from the increase in the number of viable routers (those with nonzero outCost figures and age counters <5). Pay attention to those devices (if they're happy your mesh will be happy).

You can see from the Route Table entries how the routing algorithm is now using those 'first hop' routers (the ones I've highlighted below) to transmit most (if not all, at least based on this snapshot in time) of the routed traffic in your mesh:

Definitely true; google 'side lobe interference'. Regardless of the channel your Zigbee mesh is using, putting it closer than 3 feet or so from WiFi router may cause issues.

3 Likes

Totally agree Tony...
I just moved to another room, nothing else.... and the changes was 180degress.
I am planning to move it to an even better location but I need to prepare the ethernet cables for it (simple task).

I will look for that on google for sure.. we can learn something everyday.

Thanks to you man and to all guys willing to help others on this amazing community

2 Likes

For sure... I have one in the last rooms just for that reason....