Help - SYLVANIA Smart+ LED - Outdoor Accent Light (75541)

These are not in the "Supported" list, but I can get them to work (Off/On/Dim) in one color with the "Type" set to "Advenaced Zigbee CT Bulb".
Has anyone gotten these to work with a C-8 with adjustable color?
I just want to make sure before I replace them.
Thank you

@user5715
You want the generic zigbee RGBW. After changing drivers click save then configure. That said, be aware these are zigbee 1.2 zll and make horrible repeaters and messengers and should not be on the same mesh as zigbee ZHA devices (sensors and whatnot). It's best to put that on a hue bridge or another hubitat along with any other of their ilk (cree, older hue etc)

Thanks for the input.
It's too bad because I really like these as my front path lights and there isn't a good replacement out there.
I'll probably look into picking up a used Hue.

1 Like

Hey Rick, where did you find the info these are ZLL? Reason I'm asking is they have the newer SOC that Sylvania introduced, which I recall is ZHA.(FCC ID = DZO-LDV-AETHER) I run a set of Gardenspots on a C7 without issue, although I have an insane amount of repeaters. I also have 14 Sylvania RGBW recessed lights(73741) with the same SOC & FCC ID, also very stable.(in cost=1, Outcost=1)
Fun Fact- There are older 73741 available but the FCC ID is IQ Home and mfg. is "Osram-Sylvania") and I suspect these are ZLL.
Mine do lock up once in a while, but a quick power toggle gets them back usually. I have 1 or 2 that maybe 3 times a year need to be re-paired. I don't know if it's their location or if the device is somehow sub-par.

The biggest issue for me is the utterly poor reliability of the Garden Spots and the A19 RGBW's. I've done about 4 warranty exchanges with Sylvania. And even with that I have Gardenspots where one LED color will burn out, usually blue or green. Sylvania is out of the Zigbee business and has no more replacements. Too bad, as the Gardenspots were a very unique accent light

1 Like

To my knowledge, the Sylvania, Osram, Ledvance bulbs in North America have only ever been ZHA. That is why we can't put them on a Hue hub like the rest of the world can.

1 Like

Look at the innr garden lights

1 Like

I solved this issue by putting them on their own mesh. They don’t drop off any longer.

1 Like

I have 4 of these running year round to throw light up onto the house. Use the Generic ZigBee RGBW Light driver as @rlithgow1 mentioned. I add another 6 of them at Halloween time. These are all running on my primary hub (a C-8, replaced a C-5) with a bunch of other "oddball" ZigBee devices and I have had no real issues (although they sometimes need to be re-paired after a power failure, but in my experience LOTS of things have issues there).