Help rule

Greetings everyone, I want to make a rule and I can't find it.

What I want to do is if the front door closes and no motion sensor changes to motion within the next 3 minutes, the alarm will go off.

There is only one front door to the house, if it is closed and no motion sensor is activated in the house for 3 minutes, it is positive that there is no one at home and I can activate the alarm.

Where do I begin?

The first thing to ask is have you installed RM4?

1 Like

Yes, of course, I already have several rules, but I can't figure out how to do or raise this one. I think the trigger would have to be if the front door changes to closed. But apart from there I am confused.

I'm wondering why you would want to do what you are describing.
Have I got this right.
Front door closes.
No motion for 3 minutes.
Sound alarm.
Where are your motion sensors?
If an intruder comes through the door, wouldn't motion be detected?

if that rule is fulfilled, I want to activate the alarm. If someone enters, the alarm will already be activated and the alarm will go off. Greetings

That’s certainly how it is described. But perhaps what @sanlulafra meant by “alarm go off” is to arm the system.

1 Like

I'd make 2 rules:

Trigger: Door Closes

If MotionX AND MotionY AND MotionZ etc. ALL are inactive then set alarm delay 3 minutes

Rule 2

Trigger: Door Opens

Cancel Timed Actions: Rule 1

You could do it all in one but 2 makes it easier in my opinion. Someone will probably have a better idea but there is a start.

1 Like

true. I explainned wrong. what I want is to arm the system. Greetings

1 Like

Got you.
I would put all your motion sensors into Zone Motion Controller.
Then.
TRIGGER.
Door closes.
IF
mZone all active.
Exit rule.
ELSE
Wait 3 minutes
Activate alarm.

This may work for you.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, sorry rule in my case could fail. I need something like, if x sensors don't change to motion in 3 minutes, arm system. Greetings

Hmmm.
Thinking about it I think my rule may not work.

Sorry, it's early here, how about:

Rule 1

Trigger: Door Closes

If MotionX AND MotionY AND MotionZ etc. ALL are inactive then set alarm delay 3 minutes

Rule 2

Trigger: Door Opens
Trigger:MotionX or MotionY or MotionZ etc active

Cancel Timed Actions: Rule 1

So if the door closes rule 1 would then arm the alarm after no motion was detected for 3 minutes.

Rule 2 would then cancel that if the door opens again or if motion is detected within that 3 minutes.

I can tell you how to do it webCoRE as I use that exclusively. :smiley:
Been a while since I used RM.
Maybe someone else would be better advising you.

What about doing something like:

TRIGGER: Door closes
ACTIONS:
Wait for condition: Motion sensors ANY active -> timeout 3 min
If (Motion sensor active) THEN Exit Rule
ELSE Set Alarm
END IF